Not Havin A Bike That Runs Sucks!

well i am sitting here half trashed and wondering why the f@ck i am with ouut me shee. i got a z400 but it doesnt run.(cracked case) i am still making payments on it but have sold to much of the shee to fix so the most ligcal thing to do it fix the z but i dont wanna. i want me shee back this shit bites.i suck at life. i know i can get a big bore 440 z kit for 250 but how much to install any one got experience with the big bore z kit and how much it cost to have the cylinder sleeved? i would like to know cuz this motor is coming apart and i will do what i have to ta hold me over till christmas season when i can afford another real quad....

Is the quad still under warenty? If it is take it back to the dealer and have it fixed for free. It should be simple to install the 440 kit seeing as it uses the existing cylinder. The stock cylinder has a nikosil coating on it rendering it unable to be bored are honed. Does this 440 kit have the same coating? Your probly going to have to run a larger cam w/ stiffer springs to take advantage of the new found power. It should be a simple mod as far as engine mods go. No ports to worry about so break in should be easy and fast.

man i never thought of the nickasil wall. i figured i could just hone it aand put in a high compression piston at the very least. i am sick of that bike. it runs decent and all but it just wasnt worth the cash i shelled out for it. and yeh i still hve the warrenty, which is a peice of crap that cost me 500 bux. it doesnt cover anything on that peice because they said everything in it pretty much is a wear and tear item. its load of shit if you ask me.

yeh there is no way to fix my cases <_< i looked into it. my shift shaft was bent when the broken chain wrapped around the sprocket. so i have to split the cases to fix that. i am not sure how much the sleeving would cost me but this big bore shit is tempting. but when the bike rolled back i mest all kindsa shit up, i gotta get new plastics, steering stem, axle baerings, chain, cases, shiftshaft, 110bux in gaskets since the motors comin apart, a front rim, i needed to get all new tires in the first place so 4 tires is in order, handle bars, brake levers and a throttle assbly.... the list goes on its gonna cost to fix it. ohh well no bike is better than nuthin its just not my choice but maybe i will like it with the big bore or plus the 450 dollar tear down fee that my shop is charging for tearing down a 4stroke. 4 strokes suck when they have to come apart. it only cost me 100bux to have them paut my shee motor back together and they had it done that day that i dropped it off. but not for my z they feel the need to ream me and anyone else who got screwed into buying one of those pigs. sorry for the novel just venting

Hey,

Just remember what my mentor 2pac said....." For every dark night there is a brighter day" Suck it up....and start scouting ebay for parts for your ride....then sell it and get the real deal...another shee..... :D

NIck