Installing Stator(right Now)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my stuff in the mail last night. The nut that holds the flywheel on is stuck stuck... because I don't have a flywheel holder tool handy, I put it in 6th gear and worked with it like that -- yeah, I know, not the best way to get it off but without the holder tool it has always worked in the past. No dice. Guess I'm due for a strap wrench and/or flywheel holder, and a borrowed impact wrench.

Oh well... was really looking forward to giving it a +2 timing for the weekend, too. :blink:

Yeah,...matchbook---good thinking. B)

got my stuff in the mail last night. The nut that holds the flywheel on is stuck stuck... because I don't have a flywheel holder tool handy, I put it in 6th gear and worked with it like that -- yeah, I know, not the best way to get it off but without the holder tool it has always worked in the past. No dice. Guess I'm due for a strap wrench and/or flywheel holder, and a borrowed impact wrench.

just use a ratchet strap tie-down. That's what I've always done. An impact is great to have around...but not everyone's fortunate enough to have one. I got pics of this on the digi cam at home, but haven't got them loaded to the pc yet. As soon as I get the pics on the pc I'll post them. Just take the tiedown, rap it around the flywheel, attach both hooks to the frame right above where the swingarm bolts on....ratchet it tight & unscrew the flywheel nut. ;)