Clutch Question

i cant find the Dirt Digger clutch kit at rockymountainatv.com

but i do see the EBC clutch kit.  any good?

the tusk is cheap indeed!

macgicracing has the barnett kits...I never heard much about the ebc kits and the tusk are back order for a while.I heard some good things about them.

I ended up going with barnett dirt digger with my hinson basket.

For shits and giggles I email barnett and here's what they said.

Just because you have a Hinson basket it doesn't mean that the fingers of the basket aren't going to groove whether you are using our plates, stock plates, or any other plates. Their basket will groove just like a stock basket will. How much longer it lasts than stock is anybody's guess because it depends a great deal on your riding style. The Kevlar friction material has absolutely nothing to do with grooving of the basket. The material never even touches the basket. It only makes contact with the pressure plate and inner hub. What causes grooving of basket fingers is the tabs of the friction plates. If you want a basket that won't groove, you should seriously check out our new billet clutch basket for the Banshee (# 800619). This basket is made from 7075-T6 billet aluminum and has stainless inserts over the basket fingers to eliminate grooving. It also comes with the cushion inserts for the back of the basket. This basket retails for $249.

If you do decide to go with our clutch kit, I recommend our # YPK-27DCF complete Carbon Fiber clutch kit for the Banshee. Suggested retail price is $117. While the Kevlar is a very good material, the CF material withstands more heat and abuse to give you a longer clutch life.

Chris Taylor

Barnett Tool & Eng.

I heard they don't last(carbon fiber ones).also don't know of anyone here that runs them.Just odd barnett would recommend them.....