Ac Racing Nerf Bars With Propegs & Heeleguards

BrianEb

I have good news and bad news

First the good news the nerf bars with pro pegs and heel guards look great.

Now the bad news the right side nerf bars have a bar built into the heel guard that screws into the right rear frame tab, that is a good thing.

but on the left side (the shifter side) that portion of the nerf bars with the heel guard does not have a bar that can screw into the left rear frame tab.

I don't understand is that a design flaw?

Also a few more complaints there were no directions with these nerf bars.

and the directions on the website were not up to date with the Banshee with pro pegs & heel guards. Once you get done scratching you head for a while it a pretty easy to figure out.

Step One start on the left side first, do not tighten bolts all the way yet.

Step two work on the right side still do not tighten bolts all the way

Use pry bar to lift nerf bar high enough to to screw into right rear frame tab.

Use the longest bolt that is threaded all the way into your top frame bolt motor mount you will have to take out your stock one.

Do the same for the left side.

Finally drill a hole in the X spot of the pro peg with a 5/16" bit to keep it from sliding off your peg mounts

if you would of asked you would of been steered away from these shitty designed nerfs. over 200$ for something that is hard as hell to fit.... no thanks

you would of been better off with a used set of nerfs and adding some IMS foot pegs

Pro pegs suck..the Aluminum foot pegs wear away WAY too fast. You can't sharpen them as they will loose their edge after one lap on a mx track. Foot pegs should be made of steel prefrebly Chro-moly. Steel pegs will hold an edge and can be sharpend with a rasp or hand file. All of AC's products suck. I don't like them. I lost a damn good 120 dollar brake rotor because of their shitty skid plates. Bumpers are trash. And their nerf bars suck. DG makes damn good nerfbars.