Anyone Know About Dryer Repair

Your dryer is belt driven off an electric motor.Pull it away from the wall and look in back.You may have to remove a plate or two to get to the belt and motor.Check the belt tension and repalce if loose or warn.Wake up that fat lazy ass maytag repairman and have him fetch you a new one. :)

If air is blowing out of your dryer vent then you know the motor is

running and that means you broke a belt or the idle roll tensioner...probably about $15 at any appliance store for either. If air is not blowing out of your vent, then the motor is not running and is probably bad and would cost around $100

for the part. Let me know if you need any more help.

Ooops. what he said.

Sears has parts for every brand appliance. I just ordered some for my Whirlpool washer. They have a link based on your model number and even have diagrams on line. You can order with a credit card and the parts show up at the door in a couple days.

If you mean the water heater sounds like someone is rolling a handful of marbles around in it, then your water may be too cold when it goes into the wtr htr and you get a thermal shock. This is even worse when there is a buildup of minerals on the bottom of the inside of the tank from hard water.

If you mean the water pipes slam when you quickly shut off the faucet, then the expansion chambers are water logged. You need to shut off the main water supply and drain down the whole house to let air into the system. This will bring back the shock absorbing cushion in the expansion chanbers. Some municipalities use mechanical expansion chambers and this would likely not work by draining the system.

Hope that helps.

Cool. I bet its just got the thermal shock thing. We get "water hammer" in the spring thaw. Sounds like someone in the street with a jack hammer.

So how would one go about cleaning out his water heater? We do have VERY bad water here. Its almost a solid foggy white out of the tap, then after it settles its not too bad to drink. Brita sends me a Christmas card each year for the 908732456 filters I buy. My shop water is even worse. It actually gives me a stomach ache if its not filtered first.

Thanks Holyman.

There's a spigot on the bottom with a water hose fitting. Most manufacturers suggest regular draining to preserve the water htr. You can significantly reduce the problem by running the water into a small holding tank before it goes into the water heater. You can get a 20 gallon tank for about $50 at most home centers. Just run your cold line in one end of the storage tank and out the other end intot he cold inlet of the water htr. My old house the water came strait from the well into the wtr htr. It was so cold that I lost 1 wtr htr in less than a year and the pressure valve was always popping open. I ran it into a tank fist and that allowed the water to get to room temp and that solved that. plus it's easier to heat from room temp than ice cold.

Depending on how you have it piped up too, it may help settle out some of the sediments that make your water so cloudy.