Going Through Rear Beakes Like Crazy!

BansheeBrian

I like that quote you have. Describes our government exactly.

Does your brake lever snag on anything? if your running an aftermarket lever, they have a problem with binding against the footpeg and engine case. Also if the bolts that allow the brake to float are corroded, it will cause brake drag. But if everything it good then you could try a pair if sintered metal pads. Those pads are harder of rotor but they don't wear down as a fast. You shouldn't be burning pads up in only 5 hours. The pison on the brake caliper could be dirty and not retract all the way once prssure is released. check it out it should be clean and slide in with only minimal pressure. Your rotor could be bent. Does it drag when you turn it by hand?

I think that most of the pads out there are junk. I bought some cheap pads twice now and I have the same problem. Buy some decent quality pads and try that. I wonder if cross drilling the rotor would help it self clean a little better??

Brian:

Let me know when I get back from Dumont.. I could drop off a good caliper and rear rotor for you to try. I used to have the same problem but it was because of the slides being frozen, and the piston hanging up. If I had time before I leave I would get them down to ya... but things arent gonna work out that way...

I'll put $ on it that the pins are frozen or the piston is sticking

Thank you gentlemen. I will be taking a closer look at it this afternoon.The pins have some rust and I noticed I'm missing the plastic "coin" that seats inside the piston.Both pads disintergrate equally.Thats all i know for now,till later.

Sounds like a plan Tim.I hope i can get this problem resolved so you dont have to make the drive.Hell,but if you show up we're going to the sand pit!