The More Powerful Stock Banshee ----

xt45

Will there be soon a more powerful stock version of the Banshee.

If so, when

If not, why not

1. no, atv's are bad, very bad

2.never

3. because sorry ass tree hugging, save the air (i dont fart eighter) type of people that look down on atv's and any 2 stroke in general as being bad :angry: if yamaha was smart they would say F.T.W. and build a baddass monster for the people that know what its all about. if and when they do stop making the banshee, were all going to meet up at my work and roll over to the yamaha headquartes and have a protest ride on their lawn :)

Yamaha is making plenty of money off their 80's banshee technology.Why spend more money on a product when it sell well as it is?Banshees are manufactured cheaply and the markup is already enormous for yamaha.As you can see all they did was give it a sexier look with different color plastic,frame and fancier decals to entice the 04 buyer.I believe this will carry through to the year of demise for the shee which is in 2006.

That ain't going to happen. The wrighting is on the wall two strokes are going out. All the R&D is going into the four stroke guads.

I have often wondered why Yamaha never offered the powervalve engine as a option. They could have said "Son here is your grocery getter 40hp banshee. Now over here we have the Power Valve version with 53hp. Which would you like and how many". Its only $500 more. :rolleyes: Dahh would any red blooded American make the wrong choice.

everyone wants 4 jokes now adays it seems, casue everyone says how much work 2 stokes are

there are a few reasons for this.

1) dealerships are pushing people to buy 4 strokes knowing that one of these days 2 strokes will more than likely be offthe showroom floors.

2) people are ignorant. if they really think there is more maintenance in a 2 stroke than a 4 stroke they are wrong. have any fo these people priced a complete topend rebuild for a 4 stroke? its rediculous. you can rebuild a banshee topend for practically nothing.

3) no one wants their buddy to buy a banshee and spank their ass on the trails, at the hill or on the dragstrips.

everyone wants 4 jokes now adays it seems, casue everyone says how much work 2 stokes are

there are a few reasons for this.

1) dealerships are pushing people to buy 4 strokes knowing that one of these days 2 strokes will more than likely be offthe showroom floors.

2) people are ignorant. if they really think there is more maintenance in a 2 stroke than a 4 stroke they are wrong. have any fo these people priced a complete topend rebuild for a 4 stroke? its rediculous. you can rebuild a banshee topend for practically nothing.

3) no one wants their buddy to buy a banshee and spank their ass on the trails, at the hill or on the dragstrips.

You know it's a very bad time when the end of the Banshee is near, as in the '05 model year, which starts this fall. The banshee is relatively unchanged for so many years, yet it is still more powerful than the quads you can buy today. The only thing holding the stock banshee back is the still unchanged suspension.

The reason it's going out???

Government politics in accordance with the "awful pollution" of a two stroke. I was reading in one of my atv mags (i get them all confused, can't remember which is which) where they interviewed guys from each mfg. There were several that wouldn't rule out a future two stroke quad, but I will believe it when I see it, even though I'd love it.

Evil, I'm right there with you on the "big ride", just let me know when and where and you can count me in. ;)

Supposedly, the 2006 emission laws dont apply to racing motorcycles and quads...lets hope so. Although the Banshee is long overdue for frame and suspension upgrades, the current engine is just a jewel in its current form(except for the trans and shifting mechanism), and is capable of tremendous horsepower...Jim

Supposedly, the 2006 emission laws dont apply to racing motorcycles and quads...lets hope so. Although the Banshee is long overdue for frame and suspension upgrades, the current engine is just a jewel in its current form(except for the trans and shifting mechanism), and is capable of tremendous horsepower...Jim

JIM!!!!!!!!!

Thats the coolest thing I've heard all day. Where would a brotha look up some info on that?

Good Question Joe, That information was given to me by a very good friend who owns a Local Honda dealership...I consider him a good source. Please, nobody prove me wrong, 4 strokes blow...Jim