Low End Sucks

D_Banshee_Man

Got a 2000 banshee and put some Pro Circuits on with stock silencers and cant get the low end right. It won't even idle.

Stats:

K&N Filter No Airbox lid

Pro Circuits w/ Banshee stock silencers

Running around a 320 Main

Needles in stock position

BR9ES Plugs

Running Yamalube 32:1

Running at 6500-7000 feet

Top end runs like a spotted ass ape. Wont idle and the mid is slow like a tractor. I suspect at low rpms only one cylinder is firing. the other fades in and out.

I think i got a lot going on, wish i could get this damn thing running right so i can go have fun!

Please Help!!! :(

What's going on with your air screw adjustments and what size of pilot are you running? You problems is somewhere in the pilot jet circut. Also the BR9ES is a colder heat range plug than the standard BR8ES. I think running a BR8ES will improve you idle some as well because once the plug is hot it will help ignite the fuel by keeping combustion chamber temps hotter.

definitely go back to a BR8ES. the needle will affect the low end along with the pilot, and it will affect the top a little also, like 3/4 throttle. Here is something that may help. Make sure your on at least the second or third clip on the needle, i would never go less then third. If you notice, the needle has a lot to do with 1/8 to 3/4 throttle. if you change clip position, there may be a change needed in the main, make sure you check. if you go richer, then all the main can do is get more rich, but it may foul.

I'd try the plugs first. If that doesn't do it, then to get it to idle you will need to adust the air screws, try turing them in and see if that makes it run better. If it starts running better when you turn it in and you get to within 1/2 turn of all the way in then go up a size on the pilots. Your at a really high elevation so I suppose you may need to do the oposite of the directions that I just stated, but with your setup I'd say it needs to go higher. But the air screws and/or pilots and possibly the idle do need to be adjusted.

Raise your needles to the 4th clip from the blunt end, turn the air screws in to .5 turn from seated....order some pilots..30's....This should help out a lot, once you get the 30 pilots, then readjust the air screws for throttle response....It must start really hard w/ stock pilots...It did for me when I ran pc pipes...the larger pilots will help that a lot....

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Im gonna get some BR8ES and a 30 size pilot jet. I can turn the air screws all the way in and all the way out and it doesn't make a bit of a difference. I do wait 20 seconds every 1/2 turn for the settings to take affect. So i will try that this weekend and see what happens. Also, how do i know if my carbs aren't sinked right. ???

Thanks again for all your help.

I'll let you guys know what i find out.

Once you have squared away your jetting,in the future buy a Noss head or delta reeds.Pro-circuit pipes are inexpensive but they dont have the desireable low end of other pipes.They are cheap HP.They give your finances room to purchase another cost effective mod.

i have a 2003 banshee and i just recently sold my pro circuit pipes for cpi's but i can say they kicked ass on all the other pipes but cpi's..... i had just the pipes and k@ns with a 270 or 280 cant remember what one but one of those and i kicked everyones asss with just pipes and K@N's ....... you should also use b8es plugs in sted of 9s

i would be careful about raising te needle clip (moving it up) and going bigger on your pilot. you would really be leaning your bike out and may cause pre-ignition if you do it be sure to go bigger on your main then take it out and plug chop it with some old plugs to be safe.

i would be careful about raising te needle clip (moving it up) and going bigger on your pilot. you would really be leaning your bike out and may cause pre-ignition if you do it be sure to go bigger on your main then take it out and plug chop it with some old plugs to be safe.

Dude!!! I think you have it half backwards. Go bigger jets and you are richer! Smaller jets could make you poorer!!!

Yeah, that guy don't know what he is talking about. Banchetta recommended

RAISING the needle, which will RICHEN the fuel charge, and LARGER pilots

which = richer. But he says

you would really be leaning your bike out and may cause pre-ignition

I can understand if he was confused between raising the needle or raising

the clip, but I don't understand his comment about the larger pilots.