Wisdom Teeth

DUNEDEMON

Well I'm getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow morning. Just looking to see what I'm in for. I hear the older you are the rougher it is, any truth to this? I'm 27, am I in for some serious recovery time? I've got a pretty high tolerance for pain. Any advise???

It ain't so bad. Granted, it does suck...but I'd say it's better than a kick in the face with a gold shoe. ;) Just chill after you get it done, stay on top of your pain pills & just be careful to not tear your stitches. Dry sockets suck worse than anything I've ever been through. You'll be fine. Hell, I still have probably more than half the pain pills they perscribed me & I ate hamburger helper the for dinner that night. :) What really sucks though, the damn dentist didn't get all of one of the lowes,...so now I have to go back in & get the rest of what he didn't get the first time yanked out. :angry:

Im 25 and had it done about 3 yrs ogo. The doctor asked me if I felt the sedative yet and I remember saying "No"

I remember the Walgreens drive through pharmacy for a second, then I woke up on my couch with a mouthfull of gauze. I rinsed with salt water all the time and luckily didnt have any dry socket.

Cant smoke anything for a while afterwards.

I rinsed with salt water all the time and luckily didnt have any dry socket.

Cant smoke anything for a while afterwards.

Salt water....forgot to add that. That'll definately help ya heal quicker for sure. ;)

As far as smoking....I had no problems, just can't 'suck' very hard on anything. I smoked bowl after bowl after bowl after bowl....just get ya a fresh screen & you won't have to drag it hard to get a hit at all. :PB)

I don't smoke anything.

Smart man. I've layed off the wacky stuff, every once in a while I'll take part, but also I don't have to worry about piss tests & getting busted with it on me or with paraphenalia, soo... but I most definately kick myself every single damn day in the ass for every starting to smoke cigarretts. <_< Biggest waste of money known to mankind if you ask me. Hell, I don't even like the smell of smoke, can't stand the smell on my clothes; it's just gross, but yet I can't break myself of the habbit. I know it's all mental, but it's not as easy to quit as it seems. I'm sure others here know exactly where I'm coming from.

Led, I quit on the way to my wedding. I had been telling my now wife that I quit, and I didn't. Well, on the way to my wedding, I threw my pack out the window and never fired up again. Although it helped going on our honeymoon for a week right after, so I really couldn't smoke anyways, The first few days are brutal, and then, you will cough shit up repeatedly for a week or two. Then, you will be a happy man!!!! it isn't as hard as you make it out to be...... It is tough, don't get me wrong, but you can do it. I did. ;)

i had 2 of mine cut out when i was 12 and 9 other teeth pulled at the same time cuz i need to get them out before i got braces or some shit but it wasent to bad

Led, I quit on the way to my wedding. I had been telling my now wife that I quit, and I didn't. Well, on the way to my wedding, I threw my pack out the window and never fired up again. Although it helped going on our honeymoon for a week right after, so I really couldn't smoke anyways, The first few days are brutal, and then, you will cough shit up repeatedly for a week or two. Then, you will be a happy man!!!! it isn't as hard as you make it out to be...... It is tough, don't get me wrong, but you can do it. I did.

Right on boonman! I know that I want to quit & may wind up trying something along the lines of your approach. I need too that's for sure, I've kicked around the idea of stopping & then taking that 12-15 bucks a week and putting it into my own 'banshee fund', I'd have one pimp ass ride if I could do it. :lol: Thanks for the tip though. Just one more pack & I'm done... :rolleyes: How many times have ya heard that one before... :P I can't even count how many times I've told myself that. :D

I had my wisdoms pulled 6 yrs ago. The were all sidways... impacted they called it. I had huge holes that I couldn't clean out. The pain was worse when food was in there. I took one of the kids medicine squirter things... looks like a saringe.... filled it with water and sprayed it real hard in the holes. All the food particals came right out.... lol. Felt much better.. oh, and the percisepts weren't bad either.