What Month For CoalFest ?

Meat

What month for CoalFest ??  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June or July would be awsome!!!! I usually go down to Pennsy in the summer time when school is out because my family lives in the poconos. That would be great if it was in June or July. Plus thats the best tiem in the year to go riding. Probably in late June would be good since members are split on June and July.

Wow i just looked at mapquest and the town aint far from route 11 which is the same road i live on. :D shouldnt be too hard to find :cheers:

im new here so i thought id ask about coalfest since i live in pa

i just got my license yea i know a lil late but oh well and id like to attend but i dont know anything about it like where we will camp when it is whos gonna be there and what kinda money r we talkin to get in to this thing would i need a camper or a motel or what sym1 pleae give me sum info id lover to attend later

i agree june would be by far the better time to ride. the ground would be alittle more wet for less dust and more traction and the temps shouldnt hit so high.

if you go in july your asking to come home looking like a gorilla. you will be blowing out black snots for awhile :drool: . especially since it will be 2 days of constant riding :evil: . and will also need to follow like an 1/8th mile behind each person cause the dust is just insane. june will still get you covered in black but i dont think anywhere near what july would bring.

ah....the difference between June and July is kinda minimal.....I say we go for what rustyrider in the other thread recommended. End of June, with a raindate 3 weeks later I think it is.

I say we have coalfest actually rain or shine. A little rain never hurt anyone, traction would be great, it'd be a little muddy in spots, but heck thats the name of the game. And no dust so we could all rip together. Does the campsite have trees in a configuration that we could get some tarps strung up. Ones to party under and ones to hang clothes under if it does happen to rain all weekend. I can get some big tarps from ollie's up here for pretty cheap, I'll grab some and bring them up. I'm planning on friday as soon as I get done work. Just bring lots of clothes that you know will last you for the whole weekend, riding and chilling clothes. 2 pairs of boots and riding gloves is usually a good idea too.

And heck....if it really plans on raining the whole complete weekend and we dont get a chance to get a lot of good riding in, we can always shoot for another fall coalfest to back this one up.

Meat, is their anywhere along the strippens that we could ride our quads to to get gas. I know when I ride at Hatfield-McCoy theres gas at either end of the trailheads and you can just pull in, throw premeasured oil in your tank and fill her up. Or will a tank of gas get us here, there, and back again before having to fuel up. I'll have an IMS so i'm not to worried, but others may be using up some fuel pretty good. I'm sure a gas trip wouldnt be far off either, just thinkin of ideas.

This is gonna be a great time.

Does the campsite have trees in a configuration that we could get some tarps strung up. Ones to party under and ones to hang clothes under if it does happen to rain all weekend

Yes, there will be trees to hang tarps to...i do recommend the traps, just in case...and for gas, were out in the middle of strippin road....and we would have to travel streets to get gas....as long as u have gas cans, if they need to be refilled i would probably make a gas run with the truck...you'll have plenty of gas to ride and get back, but if someone does run out i'm sure someone can run back to camp or call someone at camp....another good idea is to bring a GPS if u have one just in case u may get split up from the group.

We're not sure about food, beer and any other items that we would need..but i'm open for suggestions...if everone would pitch in say $10-$20...meat and i, i'm sure would do some shopping for food and beer :cheers: ...i'll take a grill out for cooking...and don't worry..we won't run out of SOUPIES!!!

soupies.JPG

We're in for a good time!!!

hey guys i say go for the weekend of the 17th and 18th and if anyone wants to stay an extra day or too i'm all game.hopefully i will have abanshe eby them instead of all these 3 wheelers i will bringing a tow vehicle an old honda 250sx not verry fast but torqy and i am all game. am i welcome with a few dirtbikes and a 350x or tri-z dependign if i still have them. but where exactly will everyone be parking? and has anyone settled on a date yet?and whats the zipcode for the area? so i can get arial photo's and that stuff?. ok thanks any info could be greatly appreciated if anyone wants to stay an extra day or 2 email me and any info on any exact legal places to park i'm noot from that area i'm from down torward philly readighn area so i would liek to plan a little bit in advance any help woudl be greatly appreciated email me at allicallen1@yahoo.com

allrighty then, looks like June's da month.

June 5th and 6th

June 12th and 13th

June 19th and 20th

June 26th and 27th

I have to get offline right now, so ponder the available weekends and post your thoughts on a specific weekend. I'll be back here later tonight, sometime around 1am est and i'll pick an exact weekend. The weekend will be chosen tonight. :)

Also like to hear rain date ideas.

I would have to agree with the meatman on the month of JUNE 4-6...as for the dates...it would be nice to have it the first weekend, that way you would have time to change it if u have to...a make up date would be June 26-29... or even in JULY for that fact... :P

It would be virtually impossible for the weekend of JULY 4...that would not be good... :(

1st week preferably!!!!! i can't wait to ride and if we wait till after the 2nd week in June what was the sense of picking june, it will be just like going in july w/ the heat.

How many banshees are we looking at? 15-25?? the coals gonna get an asskickin!!