What Month For CoalFest ?

Meat

What month for CoalFest ??  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, lets do this in July.

The 4th of July weekend is crazy around here. There's tons of people riding that weekend and there's campsites everywhere. Coal Hill should be packed that weekend. Shamokin puts on a very big fireworks display that can be seen from the strippins. Everyone whos riding that night, rides to Shamokin to see the firework display. Drunks and assholes everywhere. Cops too. I wouldnt recommend the holiday weekend.... but thats up to you guys.

Next weekend is the 10th and 11th.

Then we have the 17th and 18th.

Then 24th and 25th.

Thoughts ??? Comments ??? Preferences ??? Date doesnt matter to me, I just wanna get a date that is best for the majority of people. If it comes down to it, I'll make the decision. If anyone wants to come down on the Friday before the weekend, thats cool with me, i'll be taking a day off from work on that Friday.

Also post if you plan on spending the night at a hotel, camping in the strippins, camping at Knoebles or whatever. BYOB and food. I'll have atleast 2 cases of Yuenglin Lager beer at camp and a big mound of soupie. Bring your GPS or atleast a compass. The area is vast and you could get lost if you venture out by yourself. There's plenty of intersecting trails that can get you mixed up.

we'll be hunting for a suitable campsite very soon. We need to find a camp that we can get atv trailers too. I will take some pictures for ya when we go campsite hunting.

421stroker, a few thoughts about your idea. I'll have work monday through Thursday that week and I work second shift, 12 noon till 10pm, so I wont be able to hang out with you guys.... but... we're planning on building a nice campsite in a good safe location that you are welcome to use for the whole week. I'll post GPS coordinates for the campsite and all the major landmarks. Id also recommend going to Knoebles amusement park for a day. Its 15-20 miles down the road. I'd like to think the campsite would be safe from theives but you would be taking a chance by leaving supplies at the camp unattended. Lock everything up in your trucks and a car alarm would be great. During the weekdays, there's hardly anyone riding so the risk factor goes down, but theft is still possible. The whole surrounding area is very rural, we dont have any large cities around for 60 miles, but no matter where you live in this world there will always be people who will take your stuff if they can.

frocash, soupies will be on hand. I got some hot ones, some garlic ones, some pepperoni ones, some black pepper ones, some red pepper ones, some deer ones, some hot-deer ones...... we'll try em all. BYOB !!

and i think the 17\18th weekend would be good. Im pretty booked up for the 4th of the july weekend, and it would be nice to have a "normal" weekend(10th\11th) the following weekend after the holiday to get ready for coalfest.

Guys, bring your kids, wives and girlfreinds. Iv got a few PM's askin about bringin' kids or bringin' some 4-stroke freinds..... I say everyones invited, the more the merrier.

I'm voting for the weekend of the 17/18.....I'm gonna be coming up Friday as soon as I get done work. Should be up there by like 4 or so. I'll give ya a pm closer to the date about where I can meet up with ya meat, help bring stuff out to the campsite, or meet you out at the site and how exactly to get there. Bring that inverter thingy so I can charge up my camcorder and helmet cam batteries.

Hey meat, if you want me to come up the weekend before we can rip around a little bit and I could get used to the area, and help out setting things up. (If I dont have to go camping with the family down in Virginia). Maybe I could shoot up there a couple times in may and june to get used to the area so we have more than just a few people that know the area. We can get some helmetcam footage that I can throw up on the hq as well to get people excited.

I like your theory about the 17/18th also Meat. I'm not positive I'll make it, but I WILL do what I can to get there.

Your going Rod, and that's all there is to it!!!!!!! :o I'm up for any weekend that is picked...... I should have some sort of mode of transportation worked out by then..... :unsure: