Stator

ruff_rida69

ok I just rebuilt my entire bottom end for the first time, and when I took the flywheel off I noticed the stator had 18 spark thing posts on it, and now that I got it all back together I have no spark, I haven't got the carb or the pipes on it yet, and a couple of them are riped "the copper wire" but I can't figure out why it has 18 on it? I thought a stock one had 14 or somethin'. before I stripped the bottom end down it had spark but it run like crap, and one piston and my head was trashed and thats why I tore the bottom end down and replaced all the bearings and seals, could it be my stator, coil or CDI? or could it be somethin' simple I just over looked and remember I had every single part took apart. Thanks for all the help in advance, Jonathan

I never had the cdi off, but on my wiring harness where it go's by where my pipe and silencer meet coming from my cdi, I have a wire burn through and some others almost burn't through so I'm gonna put those back together and see what happens, I hope thats my problem, I'll let ya'll know if it is. Thanks, Jonathan

The copper on the stator is a continous wind if you ripped any copper you prob. lost your contact. It is easy to do when removing the flywheel without a strap wrench on it.

My buddy just jacked his up last night torqing his fly wheel down & now he has no spark.

Ricky Stator has a new stator with adj. timing plate for $125