New Warrior?

u2354

yes i fear the banshee days are coming to an end due to the emission laws about two strokes. I would love to see though a new design before it goes out with a bang. I fear though it won't happen, because if the design turns out to be a seller yamaha wouldn't beable to produce anymore and banshee people will cry for more and yammay couldn't give em more. Unless they can come up with something to meet the emission standards. :(

the emmision standerds are easy to get around. Two strokes will still be allowed for closed course racing as they say. And for that all you have to do is get a 20 dollar membership to AMA. So really the could jhust start keeping forms for AMA in all the Dealerships and then you have that problem covered.

I think

it'll never happen,think about it. aside from just banshees there are so many different kinds of 2 strokes. we're talkin quads,snowmobiles,snow blowers,lawnmowers,weedwackers,some models (cars and helicopters), and lots of other small engine tools and stuff like chainsaws and other work equipment. i don't know. to me it just seems all wrong. if 2 stroke engines were just banned like that whole industries would suffer. i'm not an econ major but i just can't see it happen. there's more important thing tree huggers and environmentalists should be worring about. they should be focused on being positive instead of everything thats wrong with the world. instead of bitchin about air poluttion they should focus on air purification and energy conservation and other stuff like that.this is off the top of my head but to keep the 2 stoke screamin i'd do my homework and come up with a list for them environmental bastards. :angry: . . . . . they should crack down on heavy premixers and incorrectly jetted people lol! :lol:

. . . . . they should crack down on heavy premixers and incorrectly jetted people lol!  :lol:

It's not that they can't be made to run cleaner either. There are some 2stroke watercraft that already meet or exceed CARB standards. Yamaha already makes one.

if this is the last year of the banshee (im not saying it is) then what will they do. a 4 stroke banshee would be crap! i bought mine cos i liked the sound, speed and apearance. it the only quad that iv seen with a "nose" and to me thats cool. if they do dress it out they will have to keep the shape. i dont like the idea of them making all the quads the same basic shape. they have made many limited editions and the only thing i think is different is the colour. i.e all black. i supose they could put better pipes, air filters, tyres, etc to dress it out or even custom build them for how you like it......but they will say for the right price! which is a bummer.

so far there are no laws about 2 strokes over here. the banshee has many years left in it. if it hasent and this is the last year we would of heard there is an actual ban on 2 strokes and yamaha would of anounced it. i agree with sandman on most of what hes said. theres to many 2 stoke machines out there for them to do anything. and yes, it would f*ck up some industries such as small forestry and landscaping busines`s cos all they use is chainsaws and lawnmowers. they arent going to go into som1s garden with a 20 ton log mover!

i think some people are worrying over nothing. i no there is alot of differences between the laws of the UK and the US but something final would of been said. how many things have you heard enviromentalists say that havent happened.................loads! it would of been on the news on tv and in the papers becos its a big situation if this happenes, loads of jobs will be at risk. i dont think the tree huggers have sat back and thot about how much greif and shit they would have to take from all the people that lost there jobs becos of this.........or maybe they have, cos nothing more hass been sed about it.

i hope there a tree hugger out there reading this cos they will be under alot of preassure cos theres loads of things that can go rong for them

sorry about the story but i really really love my shee, its my life! and its all i ever wanted! well im going out to give it a hug and give it a late valentines card. hope some1 understands what iv said. thanks for letting me have my say!

i agree with titsonthehead,in the uk i dont think theres anythin to worry about for 10 years or so,in the states and over here well have probs soon,i think the goverment needs to do something about your 7,5 liter car engines instead of nockin on our doors.as for the 350 warrior,it looks exactly the same as all the other quads,banshee is the only one who stans up and says,"fcuk u im king!" allways has been,allways will be.what it is,is that nobody can beat it so they try and get rid of it! :D no way man, bring as many of yer shitty craptor lookalikes out as u want,it aint gonna cut my mustard :P