Loosening Chain

sredish

go get a second master-link.

... and add it to the chain or replace a link?

If you replaced a link you would be at the same length ;) but if you add a second master-link it would be one link longer. :rolleyes: I would think this hold fine. Me I would go get a new chain of proper length. But I am real anal retentive about my stuff. :ph34r: beware of flying Ninjamasters with streetsweepers!

go get a second master-link.

... and add it to the chain or replace a link?

If you replaced a link you would be at the same length ;) but if you add a second master-link it would be one link longer. :rolleyes: I would think this hold fine. Me I would go get a new chain of proper length. But I am real anal retentive about my stuff. :ph34r: beware of flying Ninjamasters with streetsweepers!

What I meant, is would I have enough room for adjustment if I add another link.? I know you can't tell over the internet and this is a trial and error issue, but I was just wondering what your opinions and experiece is?

I appreciate all the feedback. Its cold here and I've been too busy to get in there and finish it up, I'll give it a go in a few hours.

I think that 1 link is all that would be necessary. However, I haven't gotten the axle to pivot forward yet. I think that when I get it moved there should be enough room on this chain, I don't really think that I need to add a link, although it might be an easier way, especially if it stretches more.

It's done. Didn't add link, didn't grind anything. I used the bar and it suddenly started to pivot real slow. I lubed and worked it loose. Now its loose likes its supposed to be. I just used a little more persuasion with the bar.

Thanks for all the help guys. I appreciate it. Now I just need to wait till morning to go and ride. I may end up with another tooth on the back. But I ain't changing the front no more. Too much of a PITA with the nerfs and cover and all.

THanks again.

Scott

just go buy a cheap oem chain for 25 bucks...its lighter your bike will coast a hell of a lot better, youll notice a bit more power......get rid of the stock oring pig...adding a second master links not a great idea...and you cant add one link it has to be two.......1 link is not possible every other link is a master weither a pressed link or a removable master....well theres a half link.....

I'm using a Renthal R3 o-ring chain with a Renthal sprocket up front. I have the 15 tooth up front, with the std. 104 links. I still have the stock 41 in back and am going to try that and a 42 in the rear and see how I like them. I'm done messing with the front, if I want stock gearing, I'll get a 44 in back. The front sucks with the nerf bars and all getting them on and off and all that crap.

It's done.  Didn't add link, didn't grind anything.  I used the bar and it suddenly started to pivot real slow.  I lubed and worked it loose. Now its loose likes its supposed to be.  I just used a little more persuasion with the bar. 

Thanks for all the help guys.  I appreciate it.  Now I just need to wait till morning to go and ride.  I may end up with another tooth on the back.  But I ain't changing the front no more.  Too much of a PITA with the nerfs and cover and all.

THanks again.

Scott

awsome ..........simple fix!!!

Yeah, I lubed that sucker up once it came loose, and now its as loose as can be, I can pivot it by hand with ease.

My bansh pulls 15/41 easy. It barely feels like I've changed it, except in the higher gears it pulls longer. There's no doubt that it will handle the 15/40. I'd like to try a 15/38. I'll probably keep it here for a while. I've ordered a 42 and 40 teeth sprockets, and I'm looking for a 38 for experimenting. Like I mentioned before, the front won't be changed again, until its worn out.

Scott