Exhaust

Hockey390

I'm lovin the story man.. lovin it.

I totally see what your saying,

But whats the difference between adding mods to a shee, and buying something that comes STOCK with so much more power that can still be upgraded; a crotch rocket for instance... There are things out there that have alot more power then a shee, and you dont see those companies tuning them down for the sales so that aftermarkets can be added to liven it back up..

Just a thought.. I think it could go either way

just a thought, you can always go to team alba and buy one of their quads for bout the same as stock, while it doesnt have every thing they offer it comes a lil tuned up, i'm not sure exactaly where it is on the site tho

I think a stock Banshee is a stepping stone for a modified one. What if someone had only rode 400EXs and other four-stroke crap like that and hopped on a tricked out "stock" Banshee? Hell, then FMF and Toomey could still make money selling shitty pipes to slow the bastard down so four stroke riders could handle it!

As it stands now, an experienced rider of slower quads, can jump on a stock Banshee and not be completely overwhelmed.

Oh yeah...and I also believe in the conspiracy that Yamaha gets kickbacks for FMF, etc.

Totally on that Alba racing banshee.. I've been to that site alot and had it in my mind that if I ever get enough money to buy a brand new shee, I will get one from them.. For the SAME price as my local dealer charges they include.. correct me if im wrong, but graphics w/ matching seat cover, k&n, aftermarket pipes of choice, some aftermarket handle bars and jetted in to fit the needs... Which to me is what yamaha SHOULD do, but hell... the world is filled with bullshit politics, and if it werent for politics we would probably all have gotten that higher promotion, or that better job that the boss's friends son wanted... Then we would all have whatever the hell we wanted on our banshee's because all of the hard working individuals on BansheeHQ would be making what we diserve

Sorry on my little carry on witht hat.. got a little off topic. =)

We keep buying them, they keep making them the same, they keep makeing more and more money every year that they dont have to do any more R&D. Damb supply and demand, damb it to hell! For the money these damb things cost and how much I just paid for mine, I want a stock powervalved 500cc yzf eatin, trx450r destroying, widow/orphin making, life insurance rate hiking, super Banshee!

Yeah, great lookin honeyhams on that black and white, Ducman.

Buy a stocker and send the engine to Passion in a hurry.That is if youre an expirienced rider.No money shoud go to billet,headlight covers or anything.I'm pissed that I blew so much loot on petty, shiny stuff.

epa and some other government regulations. They want em quiet ect.

Something similar but different. :ph34r:

When they started making tripple cylinder snowmobiles and they started to take off in popularity. Everyone bitched that tripple pipes should be an option from the factory, or be oem standard equipment on the machine. They finally started to do it for a little while, and the pipes were great right from the factory. It was 600 or more less dollars you had to spend if you wanted to make your slead faster. Some of the big twins came with duals from the factory also. Now they went back to singles for pretty much everything again. :(

The newer single pipes are better then beforebut............

Dual and tripple aftermarket pipes still add a boatload of hp to all of the new machines too. :D

Not sure if it's regulations, noise limits

or kick backs like you guys mentioned above :huh:

Here is my take...I think it all boils down to this... Yamaha came out with the shee in 1987. Back then there was only one machine that even came close.. The 250R...Nice bike dont get me wrong.. But, Honda canceled the 250R because of lawsuits and the such. I think Yamaha had a damn good start with the Banshee. Other than switching from J-arms to A-arms yamaha figured why mess with a good thing? After all the 250R is gone and the banshee was (and still is ) the king.. Nothing even compares... Right? They keep producing the banshee for many years without fear or challenge. Along comes the tree huggers. We all heard of them right? 4 strokes... The rest is history.. I understand it wouldnt take much for Yamaha to throw a set of better pipes on the banshee but in all honesty why would they? So they can have basicaly a 1987 bike faster than the new almighty YFZ450? Lets be honest here.. They would be shooting theirselves in the foot. If Yamaha sold us a piped shee the YFZ450 would cost alot more than it does now.. Personally I dont care that Yamaha hasnt done more to the Banshee.Shees are great the way they are. I am just glad they have had the balls to keep making our machines. Shitty pipes or not... We all know that we have one great machine.. Why buy one off the showroom with pipes already? You know just as I do we would change them anyway with all the choices out there. Personally I think everything is perfect with the stock Banshee. Great machine with so much potential. Personalize it for your own taste. I could be wrong but that is the way I see it. Kudos to Yamaha. Keep the Banshee the way it is.. Dont change a thing... Just keep building our shees until the very last day they ban 2 strokes... I think I am going out to make love to my shee now.... :lol: