Welding Crank

Shortys,Thats exactly what it sounds like. Growling. :o Ohhhhhh shit, I guess I better plan on taking this thing apart before it is too late. Will my local machine shop be able to do this or should I seek somebody who has experience with welding these cranks? Anything else I should do while I have her split open? I guess a top end is a must as well? damnit.....Oh well better that I find out now and do it before it is too late.

Yeah, I would take the extra time to get a true and weld because when I took my crank out it was separated like 5 times the legal amt as says in the yamaha bible and that was from pipes and a filter. That price included bearings as well....so 200 for a new er true/weld crank beats 550 for a new non welded crank.........

Very true. Thats about all I have.. Filter,Pipes. Thats why I want to do this now before it takes a complete shit on me. Was your engine running when you tore it apart? Mine is making a roaring noise. Been running it like that since I got it. Hasnt gotten any worse but I dont like it nevertheless. I think I will go on one more ride so I can burn this fresh tank of gas. I am scared that I will run into more problems.. I suffer from "big deal syndrome". In otherwords everything I ever try to do turns out to be a big deal.. I sure hope the shee has some sympothy on me...

well mine is a 96, and I see that you have a 2000. I would be less woried about it if i was you. Yes, my shee was runnin great when I tore it down. but yeah, if you want to further modd your shee or if you just use it for your daily driver then by all means tear it down and build it up right. lol.

I had Mr Duncan do my crank (like a 30 min drive).  He charged about 200 for A true and weld and new bearings.  He sure likes to take his time though  :rolleyes:

Duncan racing did your crank?

They told me they would not do mine unless THEY were the ones to put my case back together...I already had it out of the case..

Know how much they told me?

$500! (IF I pulled the motor from the bike firt, otherwise it would be even more!)

:blink:

they also told me its impossible to make 70HP on a stock banshee engine, because they are THE number one best at everything including porting and if they can't do it no1 can) They sure do seem sure of themselves...

im not kidding either...the other shops I wanted to get it done were around 130-150 after I had split the case..I could have got it done cheaper online than $90, but then it costs $$$ in order to ship it so I guess it balanced out. Ended up dropping it off at SamCo..

they also told me its impossible to make 70HP on a stock banshee engine, because they are THE number one best at everything including porting and if they can't do it no1 can)

bs.gif

I have seen lots of ported 350's make 75+ on the dyno. If Duncan means unported, then probably. But regardless, they are not "number 1" at everything. I wouldn't even count them in the top 10 (unless its for MX setups).