Cali Trip

02Shee

this summer if i do good in school my dad promised me that he would take me and 2 friends( 00BlueShee is one ) down to cali for about a week or two. i got three questions for anyone who lives there or has ridden there. ok first which place are deffintaly worth goin to? second do i need to change any when i go there jettin wise? and third, do u got any tips for ridin sand? thanks you for reply in advance

vinny

this summer if i do good in school my dad promised me that he would take me and 2 friends( 00BlueShee is one ) down to cali for about a week or two. i got three questions for anyone who lives there or has ridden there. ok first which place are deffintaly worth goin to? second do i need to change any when i go there jettin wise? and third, do u got any tips for ridin sand? thanks you for  reply in advance

vinny

for sand go to dumont dunes, 30 miles west of baker california, how would we know if you need to rejet?...for riding sand just gas it and hang on......

Damn I posted this earlier but I guess i forgot to send it.

For a summer trip Dumont and Glamis will both be easily in the 110's. Your best bet is Pismo Beach. Its really small - only takes you half a day to ride the whole area and the tallest dune is maybe 100 feet high. That said, it is still a fun place. Almost every dune is a perfect jumper with a nice lip and a flat or slightly downhill landing area. Jet for sea level obviously. Camping is $6/night and you can camp anywhere in the dunes or on the beach. Most people stay on the beach cuz its pretty hard to get stuck there. Just don't camp too close to the water at low tide. Having to retrieve all your gear after a wave washes thru camp isn't fun, I've done it. The fee station has the tides for the next few days posted. You can make reservations but you usually don't need to unless its a holiday weekend. If you do go for Dumont or Glamis then the altitude is around 800 feet for both. Plan on being miserable in the heat and bring 1.5 gallons of water per person per day minimum. Also, get paddle tires for the rear at least. Banshee's in sand aren't nearly as much fun with knobbies.

not too be a downer but the Imperial Sand Dunes are way too hot in the summer maybe Pismo have better summer weather. There are other pleases to ride in sand Utah, Washington, Oregon and Oklahoma all have dunes.

ill look into that , maybe it be less of a drive too. idunno maybe ill talk to my dad thanks for teh help . and also wallrat i bought paddles already for winter in new york its gets bad sometimes. so i got sand stars . thanks again

vinny

if your gonna make a road trip, bring your dirt tires, theres too much desert to not go. some of the fastest scariest rides are 6th gear pinned through the desert, ahhh good times. hit me up when you come out. wallrat said hed throw ya a party :P