Hello anyone who sees this

I have made a post about my banshee starting first kick everytime and it’s a long story but it stopped starting after like 3 days of not starting it

I have cleaned out and rebuilt the carbs I have a 1989 banshee and TORS delete done , I have oem mikuni carbs , changed to brand new ngk caps and ngk iridium spark plugs and oem ignition coil , I have vforce 4 reeds and was going to check if the reed petals needs replacements 

running 40:1 gas , rocking K&N filter with filter wrap and air box with no lid 

changed out the fuel petcock as well and cleaned out the gas tank semi best as I can because it was clogged with sand and debris and gunked up 

was going to switch the throttle cable because one side of the screw on the cap was broken…..

got brand new motion pro tors eliminator cable and caps and spring and screws… and new ventilation hose as well…

but yes going to replace the idle screws , throttle cable , caps , sync screws , needle , spring as well , maybe did a lot of extra stuff but still wanted to upgrade this thing anyways…

main thing is that it doesn’t start nor idle and only starts when I throw mixed gas through the back of the carbs , but man ive been banging my head around trying to figure this out but man i really need help i want this to start really bad and i definitely am not no mechanic but i am trying to do things myself and yes so if anyone knows anything that could help that would be very much appreciated…..

thank you so much to anyone…..

First, let’s be realistic….if you have a banshee from ‘89 that would start first kick cold….it was a unicorn. That’s not a realistic goal……. I’m not saying yours didn’t start first kick…. I’m just saying it doesn’t happen.

now….. onto the not starting at all part……since it seems like you’ve just started replacing everything….lets start simple. 

first, do a compression test.

second, do a leak down test. 

What would it mean if it started first kick everytime then one day literally like 72 hours later it just stops.

i found out the gas tank was clogged with debris and so i cleaned it out (75 percent sure pretty good) and put a new OEM petcock in it , why would a banshee that starts literally first kick even if you think im lying just randomly not start ever you can hear it wants to , can something drastically lower the compression in each cylinder over a couple day time period ? 

a few people said it is a “fuel delivery issue “ but im not sure what that could consist of , I cleaned and rebuilt the carbs and blew out every hole I could see and I know I did it well the only thing I might need some guidance on is the float height

I won’t lie im battling trying to find time to keep working on this thing , but I fcking love this quad so im not giving up , but I will do a compression test and leak down test  but say these are good what else would be the problem ??

thank you for your response 🤝

Like Jereme 6655 said Do a compression test and Do a leak down test. Try opening the fuel bowl drain screws and then turn the fuel petcock on or put it on reserve and see if the fuel is making it to the carbs. Have you checked the fuel cap to make sure the vent isn’t clogged? 

Did you install the V-force 4 reed valves or were they already installed when you bought the Banshee? If you bought them and installed them yourself I just hope and pray that you didn’t buy the cheap Chinese knockoff ones from eBay. 

When I got it it came with the Vforce 4 reeds it ran perfect before I rode it once or twice , but all within a week it stopped working I don’t want to let it sit I would ride it down the street if I can but I got the leak down test kit it’s coming in and I got a sync tool and I got a compression tester gauge from O Reilly but anyone recommend a adapter hose ? Feels like this is a stupid question but I want to do everything right.. 

I know that both auto zone and advance auto in my area rents tools out for people who want to work on their own vehicles that don’t own tools. Does any of your neighbors own a classic vehicle and work on it themselves or anyone with a dune buggy? Ask them if they have a compression tester.