I need some banshee advice

so when I brought my banshee the vin numbers wasn’t visible but he had the title for it and vin numbers on the title came back good but it look like they painted over the engine vin and the one that’s under the shifter on the frame so I guess my question is what would be a reason for someone would do that ?? Both the engine vin and frame vin is not visible. I was told to use lacquer thinner to remove the paint to make the vin visible cause there looks like there are numbers on the engine vin but u can barely see them and I mean BARLEY. And as for the frame ion see nothing. Why would someone paint the vins especially if they have the title? I already got the bike insured and registered in my name and switch the title in my name, but tbh I want to go back to street bikes so here’s where the problem came in. I found a buyer who was going to give me too dollar for the banshee but got sketched out when he seen that the vins was painted over, even with me showing him the registration plus’s my insurance in title them vins not being visible killed the whole sell. What should I do?? And tomorrow when I use the lacquer thinner on it I’m hoping it will show a vin that matches the title. But if it don’t and I can’t still see the vin or if it don’t match the the one that’s on the title what do y’all recommend I do?? 

First off you have to determine if you’re dealing with paint or powder coat. Go to either Lowe’s, Home Depot or any of your local paint stores and buy some paint stripper. Then use some cotton swabs and only use the stripper where the VIN #’s are stamped. If the numbers on the frame and engine match with what’s on the title then you got lucky and if they don’t then have those numbers checked out and if it doesn’t come back as stolen then you can just sell it with a BOS or even better with a notarized BOS.