New top end but compression is at 90 for both cylinders

Hi so I just put a new stock top end in my banshee and it’s reading 90 for both cylinders I have v force 4 reeds t5 pipes, cool head and the pod filters timing is at 0 I am running 88 ethanol free and my left exhaust isn’t as hot and doesn’t have as much pressure as the right side not as much heat. Help would be much appreciated considering this is my first banshee, should I run different gas if so why, I’m wondering if my carbs need to be adjusted with the pipe heat and pressure difference? thanks!

Edited by Jed

Which compression tester? What is your method of testing?

Cylinder wall size/condition?
Piston size?
Piston ring end gap size?
Dome cc size?
Squish?
Elevation?
Carb setting #’s?

Damn I drink too much….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ClaudeMachining said:

Typical "i stack parts together and I hope it will run"

Envoyé de mon SM-S908W en utilisant Tapatalk

I asked for help not smart ass comments every bolt is torqued to spec and not slapped together sorry I’m not 50 years old and out of my prime state like you 

17 hours ago, kawa110 said:

Which compression tester? What is your method of testing?

Cylinder wall size/condition?
Piston size?
Piston ring end gap size?
Dome cc size?
Squish?
Elevation?
Carb setting #’s?

Damn I drink too much….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock 64 cylinder brand new from Athena same with pistons and rings I think we’re at .017 if I remember right domes are 22cc what is squish sorry I’m new to this and elevation is about 4436 above sea level and I’m not sure on the carb settings I’ll check the jets later in the day

WOT during test?

rings correctly placed around the ring retainer pin? (I’ve seen people force the piston into cylinders before with the ring not engaged correctly…yes it will fit with force…..and ruin their newly bored jug. 

squish is the gap between the edge of the piston face at tdc and the edge of the head.   Easiest way to test is to bend a piece of plumbing solder 90 degrees and inserting it into the plug hole and rotating the engine over once to flatten the solder. Then remove and measure with calipers. 

also….this site….it ain’t like others. We aren’t politically correct, or carry purses here. Gotta have thicker skin on this site and be understanding that everyone gets shit on occasionally. And for the ones who have been around longer….. we’ll shit on each other just to do it. 

I asked for help not smart ass comments every bolt is torqued to spec and not slapped together sorry I’m not 50 years old and out of my prime state like you 
If you built your engine, you should know some stuff like squish, clearance, uccr. Most peeps dont and just stack parts together and hope it will work.

21 hours ago, ClaudeMachining said:

If you built your engine, you should know some stuff like squish, clearance, uccr. Most peeps dont and just stack parts together and hope it will work.

I tried my best to do research to make sure I do everything right because I am nit picky af and this is my first time touching a banshee and I have no resources for help aside from here and a few YouTube videos but most aren’t worth the time. So please teach me! I’m not trying to be a dick but if someone starts it I'm throwing it back at them.

Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2024 at 11:10 AM, Jereme6655 said:

WOT during test?

rings correctly placed around the ring retainer pin? (I’ve seen people force the piston into cylinders before with the ring not engaged correctly…yes it will fit with force…..and ruin their newly bored jug. 

squish is the gap between the edge of the piston face at tdc and the edge of the head.   Easiest way to test is to bend a piece of plumbing solder 90 degrees and inserting it into the plug hole and rotating the engine over once to flatten the solder. Then remove and measure with calipers. 

also….this site….it ain’t like others. We aren’t politically correct, or carry purses here. Gotta have thicker skin on this site and be understanding that everyone gets shit on occasionally. And for the ones who have been around longer….. we’ll shit on each other just to do it. 

I did not do wide open throttle during test  also yes I did rings correctly in the grooves I didn’t have to force the pistons in and I’ll try squish when I get home from work and I know this isn’t a politically correct site why do you think I threw shit back?

Edited by Jed

I tried my best to do research to make sure I do everything right because I am nit picky af and this is my first time touching a banshee and I have no resources for help aside from here and a few YouTube videos but most aren’t worth the time. So please teach me! I’m not trying to be a dick but if someone starts it I'm throwing it back at them.
Things you need to do are the following :

Measure Piston/wall clearance.
Measure Ring gap.
Measure Squish.
Measure UCCR.

Those are the base measurements that everybody should be able to do when you built your engine.

Check video on YouTube first, then ask for clarification/informations.