I have 2003 Triple Ported Athena Cylinders, Stock bore, Stock Head no domes, Ethanol free Gas 32:1, Full Toomey 5’s, Stock Carbs with Toomey Needles, stock intake, stock reeds. Stock airfilter and airbox. I want to use the lid but NO snorkel. I do NOT want to drill holes in my airbox. My elevation is 1000ft and temp is 70+ degrees on average lately. 
Right now I’m running 270 Main, 27.5 pilot 1.5 turns out, 4th clip on Toomey Needle(6 slots). When I ride it now it feels like it stops pulling towards the top end almost like a flat spot 3/4 to WO throttle. When I had 30 pilots in here with no airbox lid this thing would wheelie in every gear but where I ride I need an airbox lid. What do you guys think on my jetting? 

6 hours ago, JerzOutlaw350 said:

When you had the 30 pilots in did you ever try it with the air box lid on ? What type of riding conditions are you riding in that requires the air box lid ?  

Never had the lid on with 30’s. And I ride some dusty/muddy trails. I tried running without the lid but my air filter was covered in dust after 1 ride so I wanna keep that to a minimum 

Back in February of this year I purchased my 05 Banshee. It’s basically stock other than the Toomey T5’s, Toomey perfect jet kit and a Pro Design pro flow filter kit with the K&N filter and Outerwear that was installed by the previous owner. My elevation here is roughly 800 ft above sea level and my outside temperature varies from 50 degrees and can go up to 90 degrees depending on the time of year. I also heard that humidity can play an huge role and can affect the jetting as well. I have stock carbs with the TORS deleted by the previous owner. I was given the extra 270 & 290 main jets if I needed them for later down the road. So right now I have 280 main jets with stock pilots, clip is on the 4th groove on the Toomey needle and my air screw is at 1.5 turns out. I also use 95 octane ethanol free gas with a 32:1 mixture. I ride in a mix of terrain that is dusty, a little bit of mud and a couple of shallow water crossings which are anywhere from about 6”- 18” inches deep depending on the rain fall in the area. I avoid really deep water( it’s a Banshee not a Jet Ski ) and I don’t fly through the water crossings either because I don’t run a lid on my air box, but I do use a Outerwear that is dust proof and water repellent on my K&N filter and I don’t have any problems with the filter setup, but before I do anything I check the filter & Outerwear to make sure that everything is clean, tight and in working condition before I do any kind of riding. From what I read on here in some of the really old posts that they are saying that the stock air filter setup is completely garbage and that it should be the first modification that should be done when buying a new Banshee. How muddy are the trails that you ride on ? Are they the type of trails that you need a 4x4 quad to ride on ? 

Edited by HeavyHauler

34 minutes ago, HeavyHauler said:

Back in February of this year I purchased my 05 Banshee. It’s basically stock other than the Toomey T5’s, Toomey perfect jet kit and a Pro Design pro flow filter kit with the K&N filter and Outerwear that was installed by the previous owner. My elevation here is roughly 800 ft above sea level and my outside temperature varies from 50 degrees and can go up to 90 degrees depending on the time of year. I also heard that humidity can play an huge role and can affect the jetting as well. I have stock carbs with the TORS deleted by the previous owner. I was given the extra 270 & 290 main jets if I needed them for later down the road. So right now I have 280 main jets with stock pilots, clip is on the 4th groove on the Toomey needle and my air screw is at 1.5 turns out. I also use 95 octane ethanol free gas with a 32:1 mixture. I ride in a mix of terrain that is dusty, a little bit of mud and a couple of shallow water crossings which are anywhere from about 6”- 18” inches deep depending on the rain fall in the area. I avoid really deep water( it’s a Banshee not a Jet Ski ) and I don’t fly through the water crossings either because I don’t run a lid on my air box, but I do use a Outerwear that is dust proof and water repellent on my K&N filter and I don’t have any problems with the filter setup, but before I do anything I check the filter & Outerwear to make sure that everything is clean, tight and in working condition before I do any kind of riding. From what I read on here in some of the really old posts that they are saying that the stock air filter setup is completely garbage and that it should be the first modification that should be done when buying a new Banshee. How muddy are the trails that you ride on ? Are they the type of trails that you need a 4x4 quad to ride on ? 

Thanks for the response and I laughed really hard at “it’s a banshee not a jet-ski” Lol. I swear I have said that before. The trails i ride on are the kind you either need a side by side, a dirtbike, or a 4x4 yes. Today I am gonna put the 25 pilots back in and see what happens because I’ve never tried them with the lid on. I am also looking to upgrade to a proflow filter but not k&n