repairing 2000 Banshee

Fixing up a 2000 Banshee that I crashed fleeing the Mexican police. The bike hit a curb and I flew over the handlebars and ran. She got four flat tires, bent rims and I can see the tire rod ends bent at the threads. It's multi purpose as in street ride to downtown Cabo as well as a small motocross track with jumps on weekends. 

The shopping list:

Lonestar front/rear hubs, axle, sprocket hub, billet locknut, brake hub (package), DC Pro +1 +1 long travel A-arms

Elka stage 4 front/rear 

All Balls tie rods

450 calipers up front, OEM spindles?

Hiper Tech 3 or OMF?

Do I need the red Elka dual linkage for rear shock? Can I do Hiper dual beadlock rims for quick rear tire swap? Dominators for the MX track and Kenda Speedracer for the other six days of the week. Need to pick one front tire and was thinking Kenda Kutter or Havoc for on/off road. 

If there is something else that is mandatory, please let me know....such as clutch/brake levers, switches, etc. I'm pretty new to this Banshee and probably only ridden it for two hours total. 

I'm going to wait on the motor. I see it has the stock airbox and everything right now and typically you need do the "whole package" in one swoop. So please, I'm down to fix/replace anything else except motor, $1k aftermarket swingarm or strip down to the frame at this time. Will start scrolling through past general discussion topics. now since I just signed up for BansheeHQ today.  

Fixing up a 2000 Banshee that I crashed fleeing the Mexican police. The bike hit a curb and I flew over the handlebars and ran. She got four flat tires, bent rims and I can see the tire rod ends bent at the threads. It's multi purpose as in street ride to downtown Cabo as well as a small motocross track with jumps on weekends. 
The shopping list:
Lonestar front/rear hubs, axle, sprocket hub, billet locknut, brake hub (package), DC Pro +1 +1 long travel A-arms
Elka stage 4 front/rear 
All Balls tie rods
450 calipers up front, OEM spindles?
Hiper Tech 3 or OMF?
Do I need the red Elka dual linkage for rear shock? Can I do Hiper dual beadlock rims for quick rear tire swap? Dominators for the MX track and Kenda Speedracer for the other six days of the week. Need to pick one front tire and was thinking Kenda Kutter or Havoc for on/off road. 
If there is something else that is mandatory, please let me know....such as clutch/brake levers, switches, etc. I'm pretty new to this Banshee and probably only ridden it for two hours total. 
I'm going to wait on the motor. I see it has the stock airbox and everything right now and typically you need do the "whole package" in one swoop. So please, I'm down to fix/replace anything else except motor, $1k aftermarket swingarm or strip down to the frame at this time. Will start scrolling through past general discussion topics. now since I just signed up for BansheeHQ today.  

Welcome to the BHQ.

Envoyé de mon SM-S908W en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Claude, thank you for responding.

Why do people want +1 or +2 steering stem? Is it for comfort? I am looking at those close IMS/Clarke fuel tanks and apparently clearance is a problem.

Thanks Claude, thank you for responding.

Why do people want +1 or +2 steering stem? Is it for comfort? I am looking at those close IMS/Clarke fuel tanks and apparently clearance is a problem.

I got a +2 with my Clark tank.

Envoyé de mon SM-S908W en utilisant Tapatalk

There is a combo package of LSR +1 or +2, anti vibe clamp and Flexx bars on eBay. $670

I believe I need +2 inch LSR tie rods for the +2 +1 DC+Pro A-arms $90 

Clutch setup is 24 years old so I added new Magura setup $240

Sticking with stock 14/41 sprockets and Regina chain $170

Streamline front/rear rotors $220

Keizer 10x7 front 9x9 rear rims $1100

Lonestar axle/hubs package $1460

XRF nerf bars seem to be the best currently available $320

Tires probably around $400 

So total around $10k. Am I missing anything big? Advice welcome. Once again, doing this because I bent rims/front suspension. Having a hard time removing upper a-arm bolt (need hammer) but right side slid right out. Still considering Lonestar Swingarm but apparently stock length is pretty good. 

On 4/16/2024 at 1:56 AM, stiffmeister said:

There is a combo package of LSR +1 or +2, anti vibe clamp and Flexx bars on eBay. $670

I believe I need +2 inch LSR tie rods for the +2 +1 DC+Pro A-arms $90 

Clutch setup is 24 years old so I added new Magura setup $240

Sticking with stock 14/41 sprockets and Regina chain $170

Streamline front/rear rotors $220

Keizer 10x7 front 9x9 rear rims $1100

Lonestar axle/hubs package $1460

XRF nerf bars seem to be the best currently available $320

Tires probably around $400 

So total around $10k. Am I missing anything big? Advice welcome. Once again, doing this because I bent rims/front suspension. Having a hard time removing upper a-arm bolt (need hammer) but right side slid right out. Still considering Lonestar Swingarm but apparently stock length is pretty good.

I wouldn't waste money on the Flex bars. That's a ridiculous expense. I have this Alba +2 stem. It's nice. https://www.ebay.com/itm/184955487409?fits=Make%3AYamaha&itmmeta=01HVVK777EVB43A4DXQXZDJVYD&hash=item2b1034c4b1:g:jdcAAOSwcaFZH0ca&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA0Bd9Cskx2%2Fa2%2FfQcfzQMhMWXIUGeBAwqgTER862IQb%2F0AWp9kmfdnCFKiGwTBAIbvHWh92FxjQK8QNjFYOwoiTnPNmldxPXRBWAJZdRS5b4oNNgR68DYEpyLV%2FGkc9SfaDdYvvkjBtL41rt4QXRp7EHgUmG%2BH9Zx3AUsZHG6ylZOp4tXSbBjiUNRUfVRtQjUe3N77QtA9EGlMTHHyXcGPuSbe4zQ1qtn5ab%2B5ffF40KoYhAekZ6mg%2Fc%2B6ANHX1zcszF9CkLgBGbnpgLHZ4GDX1M%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-jznPPeYw

A-arms typically come with the correct tie rods.

What "clutch setup?" I'd buy a new cable. Again, a fraction of the cost of Magura.

Go with Driveline sprockets and chain.