Gas

I have been to Wayne National Forest a few times (in southernOhio) and the trails are great. The trail maps tell you how far they are and we figured 4 of us on banshee's got an average of 7mpg, while a couple of 4-strokes got 13-15mpg. I'll take the bad gas mileage over a thumper anyday!!!

Banshee = 3.5 gallons every 2 1/2-3 hours of riding with a break or two

Pick me up truck= 18-25 gallons a week

Work truck= 135-140 gallons a week on average. They figure that with wear and tear on the trucks, fuel, and paying me they cost about 150 an hour to run. Our fleet of 100 or so trucks goes through 10,000 gallons every 2 days.

Hi guys:

I usually only use a few gallons on a weekend. I've never emptied the tank and a five gallon can I sometimes bring. But I'm almost stock with just a K&N.

I have heard four-pokers talking about this too. I always laugh. I suggested to one guy he stop riding to rotate and balance his tires, vacuum the interior, maybe get an emissions test and register his license plates.

I don't think he appreciated my tone.

He already had an air-freshener hanging from the handlebars and a Hawaiian Hula dancer doll shaking her stuff on the back seat. Just Kidding. :D

In my opinion the gas-mileage argument is only one of several ways four-pokers justify their existance.

Regards,

Bill