Air Box Lid

I just cut the end and not the underside...I only seen a 1/2 hp difference w/ a cut lid vs. no lid at all...There was a 4hp difference between a full lid and no lid....

Spoin: My K&N and flange fits w/ my lid w/ the underside still intacted.....

I would say you're close, maybe a size or 2 up on the mains. The only time you have to cut the lid is with the 2-stage foam filters. Usually you only have to cut the tabs off the inside of the lid but I like to cut the whole thing out to get as much airflow as I can without removing the lid. I ride in a variety of conditions so I like to keep my lid on.

hey Banchetta, currently I have Fatty's with the PD foam set-up, lid on with 260 mains. ( Everything else stock at sea level).  What size mains should I start out at if I were to cut my lid AND switch to the PD  K&N set-up?  Thanks.

I had to go up 2 main jets sizes w/ mine and I have midrange pipes...I would imagine the high revs might even like 3 sizes more.....I'd start w/ 290 mains and go from there. Better to start a little rich anyways.....Besides colder weather is setting in.....