Fact Or Fiction...

LanceG60

Dont let it Idle too long, no air is cooling the radiator, youll overheat fast. I was told when breaking in a motor and letting it idle, place a fan in front of the radiator.

It depends on what the outside temp is. I have never had my shee overheat when breaking in a new top end. Temp was about 70 degrees outside. I have let it idle for extended periods in temps at 90 degrees.... Not a problem. Put a temp guage in. You will know when it is close...

Boony is right on... I let mine idle forever and never overheat or foul plugs...I change my plugs once a year just for the hell of it...I can't understand the rich pilots either...I've tried 27.5 pilots and my shee didn't have as much throttle response, so I went back to stock pilots...Takes 3 half kicks (because of my foot pegs moved back) when cold and one kick when warm to start...

BansheeBrian, that is great for Boony, I, and anyone else that has their shee jetted in correctly....Thats all everyone else has to do is take a little time and jet their shee in correctly.....Like Boony said, I have my idle way down so you can hear each side firing through the headers......ping....ping...........ping.....ping..........ping......ping.....I love that sound...I have my own 2-stroke Harley!!!

Thanks to you and ben's FAQ sheet my shee fires just like yours.Except I'm first kick cold start .;) I just want to make sure that everyone understands clearly.I'm still on stock pilots and those air screws are cranked in pretty good.Runs like a beauty in 25 degree weather.Starts and idles like if i had it dialed for 95 degrees.Same results.

Thanks to you and ben's FAQ sheet my shee fires just like yours.Except I'm first kick cold start .;) I just want to make sure that everyone understands clearly.I'm still on stock pilots and those air screws are cranked in pretty good.Runs like a beauty in 25 degree weather.Starts and idles like if i had it dialed for 95 degrees.Same results.

Glad we can help!! B)