Pc Pipes The Real Deal?

Yaxy

I am purchasing a 04 Banshee in the spring and am looking for thre real deal on PC Pipes. While reading the forums the past few months it appears that picking a set of pipes is harder then pulling teeth. IN Nov Dirtweels comparison the PC ranked close to PT and PSI for Low end but had a much beter top end (RPM vs HP)After reading some opinions I get the feeling that people think they are more of a top end pipe. Right now I have a 89, with MX port, FMF(1990) Coolhead, VForce 28 flatsides. The 04 will be set up the same except pipes. I mostly ride trails and seasonal roads and some dunes. My current powerband is a light swith with a low end that I can run a gear high in the woods and have no problem keeping up with Raptors. I want the same lightswith down low on the RPM range with a bit more top end pull than my FMF's. For me it is more important that the machine accelarates quickly from 0-70 and 30 to 70 than soemthing that I need to run for a mile to see a benefit. Ok does PC sound like what I want?

Chris

There's a dyno comparison on pipes that's pretty good on the Angelfire website. I wish I could post a link for you, it was done by dynojet. Do a search under banshee pipes dyno, It should come up as Angelfire. Dyno charts can be decieving, and it takes some thinking to properly evaluate what pipe might work the best for your needs. It's not always about the big numbers. Compare the Turners and the P.C pipes.

Thanks for the replys's thus far. My assumption that PC would be a good but not the best low end pipe I got from the Dirt wheels 02 comparison and the Angelfire site that National Banshee recommended. I based my reasoning on looking at all the DYNO's and looked at HP for 4,5,6,7000 RPM. PT was the best, PSI was really close and PC was next. If I recall at about 6000 PC was about 4 HP off from the PT, but PC kept climbing. The caption said under the chart that the PC would also be a good MX pipe because it comes on hard and quick, (rapid accelaration) My curent FMF have good low end but this maybe because the tires light up so fast and spin that the low end just feels good. I run turf tamers so wheel spin will help the low end. Plus the Vforce, porting, head and 28 will help a ton on throttle response/low end.

As far as top end pipe there is a fella who drag races all over upstate NY and is one of the best around. He uses CPI, but if not he said he would run PC's no questions asked. He has access to a Dyno and he said you would be so surprised the capabilites of PC and how they just pull, pull, pull, and he runs 300ft strips.

Please keep the responses coming.

Chris

The PC is the best pipe for the money.Alot of people call the PC pipe a "cheap" high rev pipe.I think its one of the best and has so much more to offer in the mid and low compared to Toomeys.I ran toomeys and was not impressed.

PC has been around for along time and is the most respected pipe in off-road racing.Yea,there not all shiny and chromed out,but is that chrome gonna help you win the race?For 389.00 you can't go wrong.

If you want a recomendation based on what you said, Woods riding and wanting acceleration, consider the Paul Turner mid range pipes. They accelerate hard, have a nice boost over stock at around 4000 rpm and a decent top end gain. You going to lose bottom end with any other pipe except a 2-1 setup. If your drag racing, and can hold the rpm at redline, drag pipes are the best. If you have to back out of it ocasionally, the Pro Circuits are great. If you are down to idle or backed completley off in the corners or on the trails, the mid pipes are great. If you think your going to drag a machine with drag pipes with a set of mid pipes, goodluck! You really have to decide what kind of riding you do and what pipe will work for how you ride. 90% of us think we need top end pipes. Most of us really need a well setup machine with midrange.

From the way it sounds PC's are just what I would want. It appears they are a mid to top pipe but with a little help they will work really well down low. The 04 will be a replica of my current 89 which has nice compliments to low end, (Vforce, 28 flatslides, cool head and MX porting) From what it sounds like I will have a good bottom end that comes on early and hard and has a bit more pull on top then my FMF's and for the extra $150.00 or so that I would be saving then that is really good. PC sounds perfect just what I want.

Chris

The Pc has no low end....If your always on/off the throttle, then I'd strongely suggest you get Pt mids, fmf sst's or Bills.....stay w/ a midrange pipe...National Banshee hit it right on the nose... Most people think they need a high rev pipe and think they will be faster, but in reality most of us need a midrange pipe for torque that'll help you go from corner to corner w/ NO hesitation and smooth powerband to hook up.... Its not how much power you have or how much your shee will rev, its WHERE you put the power that counts......I'd never go back to high revs ever again....most people who have ridden my shee and ride in my area will agree....Unless your riding desert, I'd stay away from high revs and you'll find your powerband so much better...

How do the PC's work on a mildly ported Banshsee?

Chris

i think they work great on my trinty mx port with stock carbs and delta 2's.......on my stroker they pull great but fall off a little early.........the turners pull from nowhere without the reeds but ive found the pc to pull harder and longer on top if you dont mind slapping the clutch outa the whole the pc will pull forever.... a 15 counter sprocket helps too, but for smooth lows the turner is gonna win over the pc in any application, but if you open ride like banch said the turner might not be your pipe......turner makes a high rev pipe thats spose to really kick ass for mild ports