Help Me!

Guest evildead

Guest evildead
:angry: ok....heres the deal, sold my bike, got it back, and it was in bad shape, wouldnt hold and idle, a bitch to start, dirty as shit.....you know the deal, so i took all of the plastics off, cleaned the tank, polished the pipes and silencers, adjusted the needle in the slide, and then put it all back together. It was running good, but then all of a sudden it died and would not start unless pulled/push started. So I knew it needed new plugs, and still some oil coming out of the exhaust, so when i went to get the new plugs, i got a new toomey jet kit (280 main and some new needles.) I jetted, and put in the new plugs, and now it wont start at all.......I am getting spark, it just isnt doing anything. On the left carb there is gas coming out of the bottem, but everything is tight, it could be coming from the overflow tube.....just wondering if you guys have any ideas that might help....thanx

What do your old plugs look like? What pipes do you have on?Whats your compression? You have to start with the basics because you dont know what the previous owner has done to it.Clean the air filter would be a good thing.Did you notce any jetting change or mods when you got it back?

Guest evildead

I have FMF pipes and silencers on it, the plugs were black, but not too bad, I am unsure of the compression, and no, there was no change in the jetting when i got it back........This is really bigining to piss me off, any advice would be greatly appreciated...........

I'm not sure if you said you cleaned the carbs all out or not. I had troubles with my older shee not starting so I cleaned the carbs up, put in new plugs, and started it with some quick start fluid with fresh gas. I had to let it run for a long time before it got all the old gas ran out, maybe he had some kind of bad mix in it? If your getting spark and you have new plugs and havent cleaned your carbs out, I would suggest that. If not, I have no clue... Just trying to get you somewhere.

Guest evildead

thats a good idea man, one stupid question, where do you spray the starting fluid??? but i will try for sure!!!! u into hockey??? i play hockey...played division 1 roller hockey for the CCM hosiers

If you have a stock airbox, when you try to start leave the lid and air filter off, spray the starting fluid right down into the carbs (if you didnt pick that up already). I would make sure when cleaning out your carbs that you take high pressure air to all of it also. It really helps. Take your mains right off and blow them out, and give everything a whipe down inside the carbs..I also like to blow air through pretty much everything as well as sprayin a little carb cleaner on there (doesnt hurt) if you dont have starting fluid just take a straw and a cup and pour some of your gas into the cup and then take the straw and use it as a droplet. (just giving you an option if you didnt know it already) This all seems like the same ordeal I went through about a month ago with my shee, so if you have any questions I could probably give you a fair answer.

You need to clean the carbs out thoroughly. That is the first thing. Please don't use starting fluid on a 2 stroke. It doesn't lube the motor and it washes the oil away from where it needs to be. You aren't geting fuel to the motor, so go to where the fuel delivery is. Also, what is the compression on this bike? Sounds like it was pretty raddy when you got it back. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs. Clean the carbs.

• 4 years later...
:angry: ok....heres the deal, sold my bike, got it back, and it was in bad shape, wouldnt hold and idle, a bitch to start, dirty as shit.....you know the deal, so i took all of the plastics off, cleaned the tank, polished the pipes and silencers, adjusted the needle in the slide, and then put it all back together. It was running good, but then all of a sudden it died and would not start unless pulled/push started. So I knew it needed new plugs, and still some oil coming out of the exhaust, so when i went to get the new plugs, i got a new toomey jet kit (280 main and some new needles.) I jetted, and put in the new plugs, and now it wont start at all.......I am getting spark, it just isnt doing anything. On the left carb there is gas coming out of the bottem, but everything is tight, it could be coming from the overflow tube.....just wondering if you guys have any ideas that might help....thanx

If it has stock carbs..replace!!! Stocks are junk!!imo Sounds like compression time to do the upper half