First start of the season and possible fuel hydrolock?

Paulie B

I haven't rode my shee for 8 months mostly because of the record rain we had last year. Wet riding destroys my trails. This weekend I'm having a riding party and said fuck it I'll ride anyway.

Last time I rode I did the right thing and shut the fuel off and ran the carbs close to dry. Today I went out to start her up. I pulled the chokes, turned the fuel on, and shee started 2nd kick. I pushed the chokes back down and was doing some reving out to get warmed up. The motor started to die so I gave it some gas to keep going. This is when I noticed fuel running out pretty much all the vent lines on my PWK's. The motor slowed and died.

Now it's hard to kick over and has a funny rattle when it kicks over- I don't know how else to describe it. I doesn't want to start. WTF happened and WTF should I do now?????

Motor is a 521 Redline with all the good stuff

If you hydro locked it and its making a weird noise, the you probably bent or broke a rod. Stop kicking it over. Might as well pull the motor out and take the top end off. Take pictures so we can see.

Alternatively, take the spark plugs out and kick it over and see how much fuel shoots out.

9 minutes ago, gusto said:

Klotz that’s what.

its awesome stuff but won’t sit well and gets gummed up. Maybe residual in the bowls?

r50 i think is better for sitting for a long period of time, my bottle of benol klotz literally froze into a block of ice in my garage, glad i quit running that stuff once it got cold, i ran super tech in mine before winter in the fall and been tuning it over couple times a week all winter. 

Edited by Ayesully810

r50 i think is better for sitting for a long period of time, my bottle of benol klotz literally froze into a block of ice in my garage, glad i quit running that stuff once it got cold, i ran super tech in mine before winter in the fall and been tuning it over couple times a week all winter. 

Super tech? Like Wal-Mart blue bottle?

16 hours ago, Paulie B said:

$1200 on a billet crank gone just like that? Naw WTF. What would cause the floats to get stuck open like that? I was running Klotz R-50.

Billet cranks break just like forged cranks.

After sitting the float needle will wear and cause fuel to dump

Oil is not the issue. Klotz makes good oil