What is this leak?

1 hour ago, Rawnold said:

Also, what's this pressure test you're talking about for? Should I do it after reassembly once I got everything I need?

Yeah. Look up here on the forums how to do it.  Just search "leakdown test" then make a tester ur self or buy one from south texas banshee. He has vids too on how to do it if the threads dont help you.  This test helps detect air leaks in the motor. 

Okay will do. & about my pistons? My buddy saw the pics and he said it was a pre detonation, from running wrong fuel. I told him compression on one side was 180 he said that running the 93 probably fucked up the quad before it even got to my hands.

do you guys agree?

Okay will do. & about my pistons? My buddy saw the pics and he said it was a pre detonation, from running wrong fuel. I told him compression on one side was 180 he said that running the 93 probably fucked up the quad before it even got to my hands.

do you guys agree?

At 180psi, you need 110 I would say

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!
  • Like 1

Pitted on top of the piston like something bounced around in the chamber.

Severe detonation will eventually melt a hole in the piston and the exhaust side of the piston can melt as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah I've been running 93 that's what the dude before me ran also, maybe that's why he mixed oil so heavily?? 8 oz marine per gal... 

heres a zoomed up pic for you guys.

https://ibb.co/e4zRtQ

im not too sure what mods the quad had the previous owner did not know much. 

Showed my buddy my reeds he said I need new ones, to take a pic of the inside of where my reeds mount to see if it has portwork and he'd reccomend what's best. I'll post the pic here as well so you guys can give me your thoughts.

18 minutes ago, Ayesully810 said:

What are all ur mods that you have? I am assuming you have a cool head? Do u know what size domes are in there?

How can I investigate what other mods the quad has?

all I know is cpis with pods on stock carbs. It was on stock reeds I believe buddy said he wasn't sure if carbon fiber was stock but my case was stock

How can I investigate what other mods the quad has?

all I know is cpis with pods on stock carbs. It was on stock reeds I believe buddy said he wasn't sure if carbon fiber was stock but my case was stock

CPIs? Earlier you said shearers.

Just didn't it again, if I'm supposed to kick till the needle stops moving what I said earlier was pretty accurate. If anything the left side is a little higher closer to 50.

About to remove head, should I remove the head or the shearer exhaust first to look at my piston before removing the head?

So do you have CPIs or Shearer pipes?