What is this leak?

1 hour ago, Rawnold said:

Trust me wouldn't be boring if I didn't have to. If it were up to me I'd buy same size piston and throw it in there but by walls are scraped up a bit.

I can do a 66mm bore and fit a 66 mm piston in it right? Or does bore have to be slightly bigger?

edit- I posted pics idk if you guys saw them and could see what I'm talking about.

You need to have them bored at a professional machine shop that knows 2strokes or a reputable builder. Wiseco pistons require a min piston to wall clearance of .003. I usually set them up around .004 to prevent cold seizing and lack of correct break in.. any pistons from any manufacturer can be differant in size by a couple thou. So in turn each cyl needs to be bored to the exact piston going in that cyl. When I bore a set that I am not putting the motor together on I will label tops of pistons left and right. That being said if a machine shop tells you they can bore a cyl with out having the pistons they are full of shit and they WILL NOT be correct!  JMO

• Like 4

And at 66 and 66.50 the sleeve starts to get really thin and if you have port work done you need to pay attention to the distance on the sleeve from the intake port to the transfer port alot of port jobs are done early in cyl life so as you bore them out the sleeve gets weaker and if you don't have enough bridging (material) between the intake and transfer the intake skirt will break off and cause havoc 

Edited by JUSTWANNARACE

because chances are they arent going to set it up right.  you need someone who does ATV work.  

if you want someone semi close, try this guy  https://www.facebook.com/pg/southernbuiltperformance/about/?ref=page_internal 

i look at it this way, spend an 100 bucks to have it done right, and ride the next year or 2 worry free, or spend 50 bucks, have it blow up and spend another 200 on pistons that wouldnt need to be replaced if the machine work was right. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ginger said:

because chances are they arent going to set it up right.  you need someone who does ATV work.  

if you want someone semi close, try this guy  https://www.facebook.com/pg/southernbuiltperformance/about/?ref=page_internal 

i look at it this way, spend an 100 bucks to have it done right, and ride the next year or 2 worry free, or spend 50 bucks, have it blow up and spend another 200 on pistons that wouldnt need to be replaced if the machine work was right. 

That's actually my buddy's mech, I was gonna hit him up but I'm gonna go thruough my friend first cause he's pretty cool with him. Sully was telling me if someone needs a piston to bore I shouldn't trust them? Lol anyways I think my dads mech would've done it perfectly fine he works on all types of engines from big blocks to 2 strokes so I'm sure he'd know what he's doing. I'm gonna go the builder route though that way I can take care of everything else once and for all. 

Btw I have size 18 domes rn fellas. What do I need in order to run pump? Will i lose performance cause of it?

49 minutes ago, ginger said:

Hopefully a little longer than 2 years lols. But as for the cylinder wall life? How can I tell if I don't have enough left? I'll post pics in a bit

3 minutes ago, Rawnold said:

That's actually my buddy's mech, I was gonna hit him up but I'm gonna go thruough my friend first cause he's pretty cool with him. Sully was telling me if someone needs a piston to bore I shouldn't trust them? Lol anyways I think my dads mech would've done it perfectly fine he works on all types of engines from big blocks to 2 strokes so I'm sure he'd know what he's doing. I'm gonna go the builder route though that way I can take care of everything else once and for all. 

Btw I have size 18 domes rn fellas. What do I need in order to run pump? Will i lose performance cause of it?

He is saying that they will want the piston.   bore is piston specific as you can have 5 pistons and all will be a little different by small amounts.  so the bore is made for that specific piston.  

1 minute ago, Rawnold said:

Hopefully a little longer than 2 years lols. But as for the cylinder wall life? How can I tell if I don't have enough left? I'll post pics in a bit

all depends on how you ride and how often you ride, and maintain it. 

you will need new domes, around 21cc IIRC to run pump gas. 

you wont be able to tell 100% by looks.  this is part of why we want you to go to a legit shop that does them.  they know what thickness the wall is and if it can be saved before they bore them.  

currently you are like talking to a brick wall.  listen to us, most of us have learned the hard way.  if i was you.  i would pull the complete motor out, send it to a legit banshee shop, that way they can check it all out,  make sure there is nothing about to let loose in the bottom end etc.  a few bucks now, can save you a lot later.  that way when you get it back, you know its 100% good to go.  

remember, you just got this, you dont know the history, and from the sounds of it, the guy before you didnt know shit either.  meaning it hasnt been treated 100% and may have other issues.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ginger said:

He is saying that they will want the piston.   bore is piston specific as you can have 5 pistons and all will be a little different by small amounts.  so the bore is made for that specific piston.  

all depends on how you ride and how often you ride, and maintain it. 

you will need new domes, around 21cc IIRC to run pump gas. 

you wont be able to tell 100% by looks.  this is part of why we want you to go to a legit shop that does them.  they know what thickness the wall is and if it can be saved before they bore them.  

currently you are like talking to a brick wall.  listen to us, most of us have learned the hard way.  if i was you.  i would pull the complete motor out, send it to a legit banshee shop, that way they can check it all out,  make sure there is nothing about to let loose in the bottom end etc.  a few bucks now, can save you a lot later.  that way when you get it back, you know its 100% good to go.  

remember, you just got this, you dont know the history, and from the sounds of it, the guy before you didnt know shit either.  meaning it hasnt been treated 100% and may have other issues.  

You're 100% right I should but the thing is, if I do that I know they will easily charge me 200$ just to open the cases and inspect everything. Part of the reason why I wanted to do it with the mech that "doesn't know much" (really he works on all kinds of engines just not motos specifically) was cost.. butdont get me wrong that doesn't mean I wanna do things the cheap way I want them done right but I know almost people over charge for everything. Taking 2 cylinders to someone to bore vs taking them a whole engine and telling them to check it is a very big difference. 

But I know it's a must, I wouldn't feel comfortable not knowing what's going on under me as I'm flying 80+ mph. I'm gonna talk to southern performance today once my buddy talks to him for me and I'm gonna be real with him, tell him my story and see what he thinks I should do, if he tells me to take him the whole engine I'm sure we can work something out that's reasonable. 

As for maintanance i always always try to be on top of my bikes.. as you could see, I got this one and haven't stopped since I got it. I've had it for about 3 weeks now I think

Edited by Rawnold

9 minutes ago, Rawnold said:

You're 100% right I should but the thing is, if I do that I know they will easily charge me 200$ just to open the cases and inspect everything. Part of the reason why I wanted to do it with the mech that "doesn't know much" (really he works on all kinds of engines just not motos specifically) was cost.. butdont get me wrong that doesn't mean I wanna do things the cheap way I want them done right but I know almost people over charge for everything. Taking 2 cylinders to someone to bore vs taking them a whole engine and telling them to check it is a very big difference. 

But I know it's a must, I wouldn't feel comfortable not knowing what's going on under me as I'm flying 80+ mph. I'm gonna talk to southern performance today once my buddy talks to him for me and I'm gonna be real with him, tell him my story and see what he thinks I should do, if he tells me to take him the whole engine I'm sure we can work something out that's reasonable. 

As for maintanance i always always try to be on top of my bikes.. as you could see, I got this one and haven't stopped since I got it. I've had it for about 3 weeks now I think

which is why i said what i said, you have had it for 3 weeks and constant issues. im sure there are other things hidden as well.  

you send it to a site sponsor on here, you are guaranteed a piece that will run will, and will be built right.  no one here as a sponsor has fucked anyone over, because they would no longer be a sponsor. 

I would trust a motor from a site sponsor more then a motor from anyone else building it.   Its what these guys do for a living.  knowledge costs money, but at the end of the day, you end up with a better piece. 

You have now been spoon fed a lot of info. Everyone is growing weary of telling you the same thing over and over.

Here is the short of it

You are incapable of doing the rebuild yourself.

You need to quit being so cheap and have a REPUTABLE shop do the work.

Do not just pick some random ass shop that may or may not know how to PROPERLY set up your motor.

Use a BHQ sponsor for your build. Who fucking cares if it cost you an extra $100 for assembly, it will be done RIGHT.

If you decide not to take the advice we have offered and you end up with a junked out motor, we do not want to see you back here crying about it. We will most likely ALL of us laugh at you because you have been told how to handle this situation very clearly.

You might as well quit arguing and just do what we are ALL telling you. It will save you $$$ in the long run. Do it right, do it once.

I will not be responding to any more of your repeat questions on this issue. You know what you need to do.

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

• Like 2

Lol... listen rjd you swear like these site sponsors are the only people building motors in america, I appreciate all the help from you guys but you're are acting like they pay you to rep these niggas lol.. chill the fuck out. Just cause you know they're good doesn't mean they're the only good builders out there.. it's a big world with a lot of talented people.. doesn't take much to get the job done right just takes someone who knows what they're doing.

you expect me to take my motor off my frame and ship it off to some shop in Kansas when I could put it In the back of my truck and find a nigga who knows what they're doing aroundme? You're crazy as fuck lol.. cylinder boring yeah maybe I would've gone that sponsor route.

9 minutes ago, Rawnold said:

Lol you too bro??? Are you guys not satisfied unless I ship my shit out?? Y'all something else

no, i just dont want you going to a hokey guy that does shit with a hand drill. 

i didnt send mine to a forum sponsor when i had it done. but i did send it to a guy that all he does it 2 stroke motors.   if you do take it to southern performance, ive seen his work and that would fly, but what you had in plan with the guy who would do it on the cheap i wouldnt.