I Got Shafted!

smokin350

You'll find most people on here very helpful and most knowledgable. An excellent site to use is Meat's www.thebansheezone.com . He has a step by step for splitting the cases with pics.

That money did not include tearing it down. That was sending the cylinders and head to him. He got the pistons, matched bored them to the cylinders, ported them, cut the head, welded the crank and I think I paid an extra $65 or $75 for the tz bearing for the crank on the clutch side. That bearing gets beat up from dropping the clutch all the time. Lots of shear. The TZ has a lot more surface area to protect from shear.

Anyway, Check out Meat's site. Click on the links below. If you have dial, sit back and wait. You may even want to print it out. It's excellent stuff.

Meat's top end page

Meat's bottom end page

hey fixitrod i finally got around to taking the head and cylinder off and let me tell u what a pain. So this is the deal the left cylinder was kinda hard to get off turns out the 2nd ring on the bottom of the piston melted or something well the 1st ring was not seated the right way but it was stock so maybe it moved or something. where the 2nd ring would come together the piston was kida charded away and a piece of the 2nd ring is gone about an inch or so. My crank seams to be fine i think, it moves freely so i guess the crank is not blown but i wanted to ask u what do i check for i mean i grab the rods and moved them side-to-side u no like wiggle it a little and it did a tad is this good or bad or ok or what i not sure. What i do know is that i have about 1500-1800 to spend and i kinda like the sound of the stroker and evergthing u have from grandriver u said u got the 4mm crank,topend ported,pistons,gaskets for 1300 what would it cost me for all that installed and tear down and assembly but u think i already took the topend apart so the bottoms just left. also what do u think i should do? it's apart lets do this and do it right the first time and get some big balls out of it i wanna smoke my friends also tell the other mods i have to do with this so maybe i can get some of them from my girlfriend for christmas. thanks fixitrod sorry for the novel and my bro left for canada for a week and took the digi so i couldn't take any pics but tomm i'm gonna use a friends and i email u if u want again thanks for the help this site is awsome.