Stator Cover Removal Question

Baileycakes

Hi I want to have the plastic stator cover on my Banshee electroplated silver or chrome. I don't have much experience working on these...

My question is, is there anything I should be aware or concerned about when removing the stator cover?? Ex: fluids, gaskets, parts attached to stator cover??? Or will it just come off and I just need to inspect the rubber gasket when it's time to re-install the cover?

Thanks !

The cover comes off easy. Just removed the bolts for the cover. Y also have to remove the shifter as well which is one bolt.

It's recommend to replace the cover bolts with allen head bolts. The stock alan heads strip out too easy.

Youd have to paint or hydrodip the plastic cover. Or get a metal cover like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Banshee-3-piece-Stator-Cover-With-Bearing-Support-no-polish-/282208592146?hash=item41b4f16112:m:my_7kVLSdK5v1olfZxMb5GA&vxp=mtr

No fluids come out where the stator/flywheel cover is. Just a big thick rubber gasket. It usually is fine after removal.

No I don't know much about electroplating. My cousin has a shop where they do this stuff.. He said there is a process they use to plate the plastic. I don't know what it's called but I do understand why you wrote that. Yes the cover is plastic not metal. I get it..

My concern was the post stating a dowel I didn't see.

Thanks