Ideal Cooling System?

Yep...... a fucking fan!

im not sure what your excuse is but any tuner worth a grain of salt 'should' know the importance of a efficient and well designed cooling system and its components. manufacturers haven't always got it right, nor have a lot of the aftermarket companies, so some hard core guys have went as far as to change the water routing and GPM pumped through the mtr. a lot can be said about cooling the mtr as much as possible. since plenty of folks show up here with eroded pistons, this should be something to pay attention to

d8cb245e-059a-412f-8a6f-6f4be29d103d_zps

So putting a bigger vent increased oil capacity?

You've got some smart ass remark to throw out there every time I post anything and you must be dumb as fuck if you don't understand the concept behind modding the rear crank vent. You just want to explain what I did so you can say stupid shit like "there isn't any heat generated inside the transmission!" or throw out your stupid speculations and theories on a splash lubricated gearbox that's full of bushings and something you obviously don't understand, because if you did you wouldn't have to ask me about it. Your a fucking moron and troll.

but for everybody else that was interested I'll elaborate on what I did and how it yielded benefits by lowering my transmission temperatures.

The centercases are no different than a tire on hot pavement in the middle of July. As the temperature rises so does the internal pressure. Once the temperature and pressure inside the cases oil is pushed out the vent. I'm sure everybody has over filled their transmission oil at some point in time and had the excess pushed out once the motor came up to normal operating temperatures and wittinessed this for themselves.

One of the ways lower transmission temperatures can be achieved is by increasing transmission oil capacity. If the rear crankcase vent is drilled and tapped and a slightly larger crankcase vent spout and check valve is installed it allows a little more internal pressure and heat to escape and additional oil can be added without it being pushed out the vent.

Even better results can be seen if the following things below are done in addition to the crankcase vent mod. I've done all of these things and I've gotten great results from each one:

• Run Direct Dive Lock-Up Clutch Cover.

• Run Synthetic TWO2COOL RTL-2 Transmission Oil

• Add 4oz Of ZMAX Micro-Lubricant To Transmission Oil.

• Micro-Polishing & Cryogenic Treating Transmission & Clutch Components.

• Upgrade Transmission Bearings and Use Primary Drive Gear Bearing.

• Run Aftermarket Clutch/Clutch Basket.

Would the drag of the extra oil offset the (perceived) benefit of a cooler transmission?

Most of my experience is with drag racing and some tend to run as little oil as possible for weight savings and reduced drag.

I'm not in that group, because I don't want to have a missed shift and bent fork or lose a race over a few ounces of oil.

You've got some smart ass remark to throw out there every time I post anything and you must be dumb as fuck if you don't understand the concept behind modding the rear crank vent. You just want to explain what I did so you can say stupid shit like "there isn't any heat generated inside the transmission!" or throw out your stupid speculations and theories on a splash lubricated gearbox that's full of bushings and something you obviously don't understand, because if you did you wouldn't have to ask me about it. Your a fucking moron and troll.

but for everybody else that was interested I'll elaborate on what I did and how it yielded benefits by lowering my transmission temperatures.

The centercases are no different than a tire on hot pavement in the middle of July. As the temperature rises so does the internal pressure. Once the temperature and pressure inside the cases oil is pushed out the vent. I'm sure everybody has over filled their transmission oil at some point in time and had the excess pushed out once the motor came up to normal operating temperatures and wittinessed this for themselves.

One of the ways lower transmission temperatures can be achieved is by increasing transmission oil capacity. If the rear crankcase vent is drilled and tapped and a slightly larger crankcase vent spout and check valve is installed it allows a little more internal pressure and heat to escape and additional oil can be added without it being pushed out the vent.

Even better results can be seen if the following things below are done in addition to the crankcase vent mod. I've done all of these things and I've gotten great results from each one:

• Run Direct Dive Lock-Up Clutch Cover.

• Run Synthetic TWO2COOL RTL-2 Transmission Oil

• Add 4oz Of ZMAX Micro-Lubricant To Transmission Oil.

• Micro-Polishing & Cryogenic Treating Transmission & Clutch Components.

• Upgrade Transmission Bearings and Use Primary Drive Gear Bearing.

• Run Aftermarket Clutch/Clutch Basket.

You ever mess with WPS surface treatment? I've been doing Cryo and Micro Polishing for a while on my builds, and think I may send one out for the WPS next week.

Would the drag of the extra oil offset the (perceived) benefit of a cooler transmission?

Most of my experience is with drag racing and some tend to run as little oil as possible for weight savings and reduced drag.

I'm not in that group, because I don't want to have a missed shift and bent fork or lose a race over a few ounces of oil.

I use a super light gear oil and level is full