Smokin!

promod80

I just bought a 2002 banshee and i love it. My buddies wanted me to get a Raptor or a Z400 but i wanted a 2 stroke. Here is my question. My banshee is all stock. I was going down the road the other day and it was smokin pretty bad, it was blue smoke. I have the fuel mixed 28 to 1. It still gets up and goes pretty good but it doesn't feel like it has the top end that it should have. I raced my buddy on his stock raptor and he beat me pretty bad! Is a stock raptor faster than a stock banshee? thanks...any help would be great

that's what i thought but i wanted to ask and make sure. Since they are gone i am thinking about having it bored .20 over new pipes,jettted,boost bottle, and a cool head. Do you think that would be a good start on performance?

crack open, take pitures of the inside and we can go from there. When you blow rings the performance is terrible so I dont know if you did that or not. Maybe one of your plugs fouls out at certain RPM's(mine did it too)

Take your filter off.... you see the big silver screws on the back of the carbs(on the tors). Well they control your slides on your carbs, if the slide are even (look into your intake at the metal "slides" inside the carbs). Then your carbs are synced, your COMPRESSION should be at least 120psi and if it's not, it's rebuild time.

Mike

that compression for a stock bike really isnt bad depends on what elevation. i would defiently run oil at 32:1 also is the bike warmed up or after you start it and let it idle. if you get it warmed up adn are cobbing on it and smoking i would start looking at stuff like jetting and whatnot