Battle Of The 80s/125s

fel0n

How are you planning on using it? MX, Trails, Dunes, Desert, Hillclimbs...? Avoid used two stroke 125's like the plague. I would suggest avoiding two stoke 125's all together if possible. A lot of maintenence is required for them as well as a supply of topend parts.

Wheatchex

the 80 would be great for what u are doing cuz it is smaller but u can buy them bigger frames....how tall r u?cuz hieght matters i the dirtbike world. The 125 would be nice also because it has more power also they go about 80-90 mph(depending on what u get..

the 80 would be great for what u are doing cuz it is smaller but u can buy them bigger frames....how tall r u?cuz hieght matters i the dirtbike world. The 125 would be nice also because it has more power also they go about 80-90 mph(depending on what u get..

Find me a stock 125 dirtbike that does over 70mph and I'll kiss your ass... stop posting in every thread you can b/c you haven't given out one piece of good advice since you've been on this site.

Mike

I'm 5'7, whoa whats with all the hostility?

You'll fit on a 125 just fine... i'm 6'2 and they feel like a mountain bike to me :P . I suggest getting a 125... I don't have that much experience with them but a couple of my buddies have them. One rebuild about every year to year&1/2 to keep them in top shape.

Not really hostility... just this kid is a post whore. His first name was banshee crazy kidd.. now it's just kid. I don't know if he got banned the first time, but he post in damd near every topic he can b4 his bed time. He has 183 post of pure shit... not one knowlegable post out of all of them.

Mike

A lot of maintenence is required for them as well as a supply of topend parts.

Wheatchex

Are you kidding me? My bike ran on the same top end for 2 years. It started first kick all the time. I just rebuilt it for less than 100 bucks.

lol nah they dont go 90mph prolly around 70

Thanks txblueshee, i think im gonna go with the 125.  But should i buy an RM, CR, KX, or YZ.  I have heard that the YZs are the fastest, and CRs are the most reliable, but i'd like a second opinion.

Personally, I think it's 1/2 dozen one... 1/2 dozen the other. I will always be partial to yammi though ;) , they seem to always have a little edge on the honda in the speed department. My buddie has a cr125 that's modded out the ass, I don't even think the engine cases are stock :blink: (it's still a 125 though) . Anyways he's dead even w/ me untill I hit top of 4th then I start to pull him. I have reeds, pipes, -2.5 swingarm, .20 pro-lites and K&N.

Mike

exnay on the 80 ;) , unless you weigh less than a hunded pounds! I had a 97 rm125 and that bike was sweeet, I still miss it even though I have an 03 cr250. the only thing that I never liked about the suzuki was the clutch (it doesn't really engage too well) so as soon as you pop it into gear your gone! didn't bother me too much, I just put in a hinson clutch basket to toughen it up. another thing about the 98 & older rm's is the conventional forks, they work fine though (had mine done by PC)..... a couple friends of mine had the yz125 and they were really nice too. one thing I just really like about honda is the aluminum frame (they just look good) thats the only reason I picked my cr250 over the yz250. you can't go wrong with either motor.

if you got some spare change.. you should look into the yzf250, or crf250, those are nice bikes! 4 strokes that run the 125 class. I think kawi & suzuki make some too.