Best hooking tire ?

Craig B

Now that I'm making good power ( 10 mil) my tires [xc masters] just spin. I need a tire that can do it all. Not enough sand here for a paddle. I go down paved roads to get to riding areas. There is soft sand, gravel, hard packed and trails. Anyone use Skat trak terrain traks?  I know that they wont be as tough as a 6 ply trail tire, but I can still keep my XC tires & wheels for trails. Any help or info on sizing or how many paddles needed. Gearing is 15/40 as of now. Thanks.

Those tires look like they hook like a mother! The lugs look shaped slightly different than the ambushes, it appears the ambushes have a more squarish lug. is there a noticeable difference? Didn't you remove alternating rows Tyler? Would you suggest doing that or leaving them as they are? Craig I'd like know what tire you end up with.. Good luck finding a tire!

• Like 1

Those tires look like they hook like a mother! The lugs look shaped slightly different than the ambushes, it appears the ambushes have a more squarish lug. is there a noticeable difference? Didn't you remove alternating rows Tyler? Would you suggest doing that or leaving them as they are? Craig I'd like know what tire you end up with.. Good luck finding a tire!

These are going on my YFZ450, but I suspect they will work very well.

I have a lot of time working with dirt tires, and these Pulse tires have all the characteristics of a good hooking tire, in my somewhat educated opinion.

Don't cut anything off of them. Run them as is.

Ohtsu is a very good tire too. I'm not sure one is superior to the other.

I base my tire recommendations on a lot of different factors. I'm not going into all of my "secrets" as I've literally spent thousands of dollars on dirt tires over the years and compared tread patterns, lug height, lug thickness, hardness, weight, etc.

I wouldn't steer you guys wrong.