Lockup?

Craig B

I am looking to buy a Lockup. I had a Gigot before and it worked good. I see Driveline has 1 too. It's a little less $$$ . I would like to keep my stock clutch cover and just clearance the inside. What's everyone using?? Around a 90.00 difference in price between the 2. Thanks.

Both are lock ups. They just do the same thing differently..... The finger style lock ups are nicer for the guys who are always fine tuning. That style is cheaper, but requires a custom cover to be used. The slingshots in my opinion are the way to go for recreational duners and trail bikes. They can be dialed in to lock up how you prefer and the additional mass really helps out coming out of turns and in tree shots. Typically the sling shots are cheaper in the end, unless you find a helluva deal on a cover to work with the finger style.

Tricked i think you missed something.

Driveline and shearer sell this style. They have some longer grooves and dont dtay together when unbolted

http://drivelineperformance.com/yamaha-banshee-lock-up-clutch/

Gigot sells one with no long grooves but appear to bolt together for ease of assembly

http://gigotracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=53

I asked this question a week or so ago with no replies. There is a minor price difference also. What i stated above is just from the pics i have seen. Ive never used either.

Edited by m671054

Slingshots also help keep the "sleeper" vibe. Hard to race someone for some cash when they see your clutch case bulged out. They automatically think if you have enough power to need a lock out, you might have more power then they do. Sleeper vibe FTMFW!