My Build Thread, Redline 10mil Super Serval Cub on 110.

I was going to assemble the entire bike to the correct tq ratings, ride it a handful of times, then run through it again with the tq wrench that way everything is seated in. Maybe I'll loctite everything the second time around, idk yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Loctite first it is I guess.

Your saying do the loctite first time around, torque everything to the correct spec and I'll be in good shape.

DO NOT Red loctite everything first!

With as many parts as you are changing you need to only loctite certain bolts the first go round, like the intake manifold bolts, which should be blue. You should have nylon lock nuts in as many places as possible.

Just about everything else should be torqued, or very confidently done by hand, then ride the bike during motor break in and retorque or tighten everything again. I would repeat this a third time after getting some additional seat time in.

You WILL find hardware that has come loose or that will take more torque.

New parts and hard ware need a chance to seat in / settle in, and then decide if you need to go to using loctite.

DO NOT Red loctite everything first!

With as many parts as you are changing you need to only loctite certain bolts the first go round, like the intake manifold bolts, which should be blue. You should have nylon lock nuts in as many places as possible.

Just about everything else should be torqued, or very confidently done by hand, then ride the bike during motor break in and retorque or tighten everything again. I would repeat this a third time after getting some additional seat time in.

You WILL find hardware that has come loose or that will take more torque.

New parts and hard ware need a chance to seat in / settle in, and then decide if you need to go to using loctite.

Will do THIS.

I ordered from them a few weeks ago. I think loco was the one who mentioned it to me. They came as advertised on their website, everything labeled in individual bags. It will be 2-3 more weekends before the assemble starts but im very pleased with the kit. It's a bargain at around $140 shipped.

As for the fuel tank discussion, I personally never ride further than what people have estimated. Not even close. I will be using my stock tank then evaluate the situation after a lot of seat time. I feel for my needs, the stock tank will do.

I've read bad experiences with them if you do not use anti seize. FYI.

well from personal experience with the inline temps like cam sell and the TTO... I like having the monitor placed somewhere easily viewed compared to on the coolant line out of sight....

Both are shit to view in the dark though....

this is where I placed mine... easy to see and dont have to lean over or anything to check temps....

MeQkWrk.png

Does that reading stay consistent and focused? Or does it jump around quickly a few times per second within the actual temp range, give or take a few degrees?

Use antiseize, you will be happier in the long run.

When I bought my kits years ago, it didn't have every bolt. I had left over bolts and was missing some. Like the upper radiator mount. Also had issues with the rear shock bolts not being correct.

Anti seize and loctite sound very opposing to each other lol. So what's the one to use here?

Edited by controls77

I forget how often the reading is... it stays pretty current.. doesnt jump around all over...

Cool so you know what I meant then. I hate that shit when the reading keeps moving within half or quarters of second. I will order one today. Do you know the diameter of rad hoses? I emailed ASI and asked so I can get the TTO ordered, but they haven't responded. I think it's a 19mm. That's why I didn't order yesterday because I wasn't sure.

Edited by controls77

Right on. How do you like your guage? Is there any intiguing features or does it just display a temp

It just displays temp. I haven't got to try it out yet. I got my shit tore apart until this weekend, I may run it a bit an see. There are plenty of good reviews on it though.

I tried the Mr. Gasket cap, it took a shit on about the second ride