Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Upon further pondering, I'm not sure Green needs a brand new truck.

I personally witnessed him back over a 4' tall rock at Redline that Stevie Wonder could have seen.

I'm not sure the warranty covers stupidity?

In my defense, it was dark as fuck, and I had my sled bed on. Between that and a lack of concern for a certain persons landscape I did back over the wall. As memory serves me I believe I drove back over it then backed down next to it as well. 

In my defense, it was dark as fuck, and I had my sled bed on. Between that and a lack of concern for a certain persons landscape I did back over the wall. As memory serves me I believe I drove back over it then backed down next to it as well. 

It was not dark.

2 new batteries later and I finally got this in as well. 1d188a354918bcdace43645f86f64f8e.jpg

Ordered it from Idaho or somewhere far away and takes a week to ship from a location 120 miles from me.

Update here for ya'll. I got about 10 to 11 mpg I think pulling the 46' gooseneck to Louisiana and back. It got over 18 mpg going to the lake and back unloaded. That is a mix of hills and flat land and going through some small towns with speed limits down to 35 mph at times. I ran close to 70 mph most of the time, and road raged it up to 80 or 85 when I had to pass dumb fucks that that were holding up traffic or driving in the left lane in the areas that had the extra passing lane.
  • Like 2

You already know my vote: Stick with Ford

I'd say 2016 Ford if you're gonna go brand new. The last of the current body style.

You already know Ford has maintained it's standard of quality of fit and finish for years now.

Ford has proven consistently it has the most durable auto tranny of the two. And without any doubt the more durable front end.

The 6.7 Ford diesel has been out long enough now that they've worked out all of the infancy bugs.

Ram is improving on their quality for body and interior, but they are still playing catchup to the leader.

Why switch away from a product that has proven itself to you already?

I have to disagree with the ford having the most reliable trans. I worked in a Transmission shop/core warehouse before remodeling and their better then the dodge, but no where near as stout as the Allison.

They are all overpriced!

This is the same thing I've been saying! I've been back and forth on this for a long while as most know. I will say that you can have all that old nonsense with all the rattle, all the shake, all the noise, all the bs. I fucking HATE spending money but after dragging that shit pile around last weekend with a late model rig it solidified the fact that my junk was just that. And call me a trader, but this fucker puts every Ford to shame in fit, finish, and options.

In the words of loco..... new shit FTW

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 3