Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

6.4 head gasket time. Took me awhile to convince myself I needed them but yesterday re-affirmed my hunch.

1 hr 35 minutes to get the cab off.

2 hrs 15 minutes to tear it down to where it is now. 2 post lifts are badass. Everything looks great so I'll be decking the heads, installing studs, gaskets, and lifters and going back together. 4ca60af7bab905d5e03606ca853045f7.jpg4051b1c0b94082f15f51f5eb4ed1fcf3.jpg6feb721df9627ddce4c72b515d0e91c3.jpg

And for entertainment here's a truck that hit the wall at 330' at Rudy's yesterday. 54be830e469d8abec703717feb5b5324.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They rip

That black Dodge and the owner were the subject if numerous Internet keyboard wars and Facebook idiot debates. He pretty much stays quiet and minds his own business. I was super glad to see him go out there and whip everyone's ass.

It's funny that after I got this cummins deleted my Chevy "street truck" seems to sit a lot more lol...it's now the slower truck and not as enjoyable to drive. Diesel FTW

that gasser needs a turbo also. Put some more boost in your life. If not the truck at least the polaris

that gasser needs a turbo also. Put some more boost in your life. If not the truck at least the polaris

Spending money on that shit is not in the picture for a while!

Turbo for Chevy in the future for sure.

Well with hs mini max pyro1 is up to 2500 just barely going down the road so something ain't right. No way it's really that hot.

Well it seems that the 6.7 Ford doesn't have factory egt probes outside of the DPF. I'm going to install the H&S egr block off plate with egt bung and relocate the DPF egt probe there as suggested by the powerstroke forum.

A quick test drive left multiple dual black marks all the way down the road and even trying to get sideways when it hit second gear and it breaks tires loose again.

• Like 2

I kinda want to build a 1,000hp 6.7. In a regular cab, long bed, single wheel F350, charcoal gray, tinted out, de-badged, smoked mirror lights and cab lights, factory premium wheels with next size up tires, and a motorized bed cover.

May or may not have been thinking about that for a bit.

• Like 2

I normally would've traded when warranty was out but other shit came up. I'm gonna keep it for a while. It's a good truck if I can fix the death wobble.

I'm assuming you still have to oem hybrid compound turbo then?

Are you for reals having death wobble on that truck?

Yes oem turbo. Are they different on the newer 6.7s?

Death wobble started last summer. Front tires are bald, so I don't know if that affects it. I have 6 new tires going on it soon.

I've read about shimming something to fix the death wobble or some type of track bar to bandaid it. It has gotten progressively worse, so I'm hoping the new tires help.