Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

But it. Pay for new parts. Replace them the day you bring it home because the oem don't work. On a brand new truck.

If i buy something new it should work. If not, why buy it?

You do own a Banshee right?

Is it 100% stock? Do you still have the tors in place?

When four stroke motors were becoming the standard to phase out two strokes to meet emissions compliance, were they perfect and without flaws?

• Like 1

Because for $1200 you can have one with more power, better mileage, less bullshit, and way fewer problems than a new one. Just a guess.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

67k for a truck. Still needs 1200 worth of shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

When four stroke motors were becoming the standard to phase out two strokes to meet emissions compliance, were they perfect and without flaws?

I don't replace shit till it breaks.

But to need it out the door. That's crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

You do realize they haven't built a 6.0 since 07 and a 6.4 since '10? So I'm really not sure what brand new truck you're talking about.

I'm all for new shit if you can afford it. Warranty is pretty neat. Anyone who buys something brand new and does a bunch of mods clearly doesn't give a fuck about warranty anyhow.

We're having a conversation about trucks 10 years old or older.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

But it. Pay for new parts. Replace them the day you bring it home because the oem don't work. On a brand new truck.

If i buy something new it should work. If not, why buy it?

It's not a fair statement to say that you'd be replacing parts if you bought it new off the lot because there's lots of people that drove them well past 100,000 without any of the common issues. One of my 6.0s made it to 178,000 before the head bolts stretched, and yeah you should be able to buy something off the lot and drive it without paying for repairs. Ford offers a 100,000 mile power train warranty that covered all of those issues. Is it smart to drive a truck that has known common issues stock and not mod them to make it bulletproof? No, but I like the peace of mind so I bulletproof every diesel we buy. Fords, GMs, and even some dodges. Same idea as a banshee new off the line, has known issues with TORS, like previously stated, welding the clutch ball, etc. But a lot of people run their shees for a long time without running into either of those issues.

Enviado desde mi XT1585 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

They ALL have their flaws.

Each of the big three have their issues in some form or another.

Ultimately it's up to the buyer to decide what potential issues they could be faced with when considering the rig / brand that best fits their needs or desires.

My duramax=zero issuies.

All of my dodge friends? Zero issuies from their Cummins. All my ford friends? Well most of them Learn to fix their shit on their own because repair bills are out of this world.

I've said it before, and I know it's not "typical" bu I also know I'm not alone. My ford had 55k miles and the whole motor was fucked. Ford doesn't transfer their warranties at least not at the time. 17k to fix a 25k truck that I owned for 6 days with 55k miles on it is rediculous. I will never buy another ford.

Saying "they all have their issuies" is a blanket statement. In a world of percentages, ford trucks break more than the other big 2 from what I have seen.

Saying that since you and your buddies haven't had issues is a blanket statement as well. I've personally owned an LMM and 2 LML duramaxs and the first LML finally got traded into the dealership as a lemon after the injector pump went out after 4,000 miles on the odometer, 2 separate cooling system leaks, transmission sensor issues, and a fuel pump go out. This all happened before 20,000 miles. No need to have a pissing match of who's had more maintenance free miles because it varies for my truck to yours. I own and operate a trucking/construction company and we have some of all of the 3 top manufacturers, we go through different issues with each one.

Saying that since you and your buddies haven't had issues is a blanket statement as well. I've personally owned an LMM and 2 LML duramaxs and the first LML finally got traded into the dealership as a lemon after the injector pump went out after 4,000 miles on the odometer, 2 separate cooling system leaks, transmission sensor issues, and a fuel pump go out. This all happened before 20,000 miles. No need to have a pissing match of who's had more maintenance free miles because it varies for my truck to yours. I own and operate a trucking/construction company and we have some of all of the 3 top manufacturers, we go through different issues with each one.

Right, however the early duramax had injector issuies and to solve the problem gm prolonged their factory warranty (also transferable from person to person) for an extra 100k miles! What did ford do since most of them lasted long enough to run the warranty out? Sorry you're fucked.

I was at the dentist the other day. He's a die hard GM truck owner. Gets a new duramax every couple of years. While I was at my appointment he was in between phone calls to his daughter and a dealership 1,000 miles away because her 2012 duramax, his previous truck, was broke down alongside the interstate, loaded with a gooseneck full of horses, with a plugged exhaust filter.

Earlier this winter I visited with my neighbor who has a towing business. Originally he was die hard Ford owner. All 7.3, 6.0 and 6.4 550 trucks.

He had zero 7.3 and 6.0 issues. Had issues with his 6.4. It even got a new motor under warranty, just shy of 100,000 miles. He deleted and tuned the new motor after the warranty was up. LOVES it. Pulls awesome and the mileage was drastically improved and no more issues since.

He decided to give Dodge a try after his 6.4 experience. He has two 6.7 5500 roll backs. He's had clutch issues as well as egr failure and headgaskets problems with the older model, which is a 2012. His newest, a 2015, has been mostly trouble free so far. He really doesn't get that excited about his Dodges. He said the interiors and the fit and finish aren't that great and they are underpowered, but on the overall they get the job done.

They ALL have their issues.

• Like 1

Right, however the early duramax had injector issuies and to solve the problem gm prolonged their factory warranty (also transferable from person to person) for an extra 100k miles! What did ford do since most of them lasted long enough to run the warranty out? Sorry you're fucked.