Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

I think the ford trucks themselves are nice, really nice actually. My problem with ford is the drivetrain. They seem to use their customers to iron out their problems with motor issues. They have had major fucking internal issues with every diesel they have ever put in a truck. They should have bought a good motor from a diesel vendor and moved the fuck on 30 years ago. Im hearing good stuff about the 6.7 except for mileage but lets face it because of the EPA all the new trucks blow on mileage. But fuck the 6.4 has top end issues that need fixing, the 6.0 needs studs EGR coolers and injectors to be ok, and even the fucking 7.3 that all you ford fags hold up as the holy grail had issues. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to put powdered metal rods in the later model ones was a toolbag. I have 2 friends that windowed 7.3s. I will give it to the ford guys though. You mother fuckers bleed blue and are loyal. Both friends sold their blowed up 7.3s and bought 6 liters, both had problems and traded in on 6.4s and now are driving 6.7s Maybe ford is smart, they are like meth dealers, they give you blue oval fuckers a little taste and know you will keep coming back for more even if you have to give handys on the corner to get some more.

You do realize Ford bought all of its diesel engines from International for 25 years or more right? The new 6.7 is actually the first Ford diesel to go in their pickups.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You do realize Ford bought all of its diesel engines from International for 25 years or more right? The new 6.7 is actually the first Ford diesel to go in their pickups.

do all ford 650s come through with a cummins? Or is that something special ordered?

do all ford 650s come through with a cummins? Or is that something special ordered?

It's the only option available right now besides the 6.7 powerstroke.

Caterpillar quit selling on highway engines in 2010. Now you can only get them in Caterpillar trucks (which are re-stickered Internationals)

Paccar engines only go in Pete or KW so they offer Cummins or Paccar as far as I know.

Cat C7, Cummins, V10 are the ones that I know of and drove. I don't think the cat and V10 are still available. I'm guessing they will tow anything you put behind them, but they are UNIMPRESSIVE to say the least. I did drive one with a C7 that had a bunch of work done that made 500 some odd HP and a ton of TQ that was pretty responsive but the damn thing was lifted a mile and just didn't work for what we need so it got scratched off the list.

It's the only option available right now besides the 6.7 powerstroke.

Caterpillar quit selling on highway engines in 2010. Now you can only get them in Caterpillar trucks (which are re-stickered Internationals)

Paccar engines only go in Pete or KW so they offer Cummins or Paccar as far as I know.

its just weird to me ford would even offer a cummins as an option? But then again, i dont follow these trucks much so i might be missing something. Just saw a couple 650 the other week and they all had a cummins in them.

its just weird to me ford would even offer a cummins as an option? But then again, i dont follow these trucks much so i might be missing something. Just saw a couple 650 the other week and they all had a cummins in them.

Oh ya, Cummins has been an option/preference since the old F600's and 700's came out in the 80's. In fact I think the 12 valve 5.9 and 8.3 were the only diesel options besides a Cat 3208 or the rare Ford 8.8.

I know from reading your post here your pro ford Laeger. I personally don't care of them we use them at work. Just like my last job. Been around them for years never will personally own one.

Keep in mind I grew up in a GM family. We drove GM gas and diesels all over the west coast and to Oklahoma every year towing horse trailers.

GM builds an awesome daily driver, highway use type of truck. They drive and ride awesome. No one can argue those qualities about a GM truck.

I can guarantee you for certain if I had used my last GM truck, a '93 extended cab srw 3500 diesel, like I did my first '99 F350 extended cab srw diesel truck, that I would have either snapped the truck frame in half, waisted the tranny and very likely would have broken the front end.

A local snow plow guy here has a 2012 Chevy 3/4 ton. Last year would have been his second season plowing with the truck. He broke his front frame rails where the plow mounts attach to the truck frame.

He is running the same Boss plow that I use, but he has never run extension wings like I have for the last 5 years on my '99 F350. The wings add considerable pressure and wear to.the truck.

This guy is an owner operator who has owed for years and drives his truck exclusively.

Meh....... if I'm buy new or real close to new it's gonna be black on black.