Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Fuel prices are real good. I just bought a big tank to keep here at my place. 1,000 gallons for $2,000. That's cheap. kinda wish I had a bigger bulk tank honestly.

Probably should contract a couple more thousand gallon fillups. Imma go do that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Saw this article in Diesel Power Magazine.

Some pretty interesting statistics here.

Ford F250 and F350 sales account for 43% of market share.

Ford F350, F450, F550 Cab and chassis truck sales account for 65% of market share. Leaving 35% to be split between GM and Dodge/Ram.

ef65aea86fe3181656bce026a52076c5.jpg

It would be interesting to see those stats seperated into government, fleet, and personal sales. My guess is fords numbers are propped up by government fleet sales. Lots of agencies are going ford but its not due to quality. Its low bid gov contracts.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see those stats seperated into government, fleet, and personal sales. My guess is fords numbers are propped up by government fleet sales. Lots of agencies are going ford but its not due to quality. Its low bid gov contracts.

Exactly. Those numbers aren't showing what trucks are going to what end user.

Nearly all government trucks here are Ford.

If you look at sales history statistics as a whole, Ford has dominated truck sales for almost 40 years now. GM has been a close second when combing Chevy and Sierra sales together. Dodge/Ram has consistently been a distant third.

Those statistics would deny the speculation that recent Ford truck sales statistics are being propped up by fleet and government purchases.

Unless for almost 40 years government and fleet operators have also found the Ford truck product to be the better choice as well as private consumers.

You guys are talking pickups, Laeger specifically said medium duty cab and chassis 450/550 or 4500/5500 stuff. GM hasn't made anything over a 3500 in 6 years so they don't even enter into this conversation.

I really don't give 2 fucks who buys them or what brand they are. The overwhelming majority of places I work THAT ACTUALLY USE THEIR TRUCKS FOR WORK DAILY choose Ford. And I'm not talking about just government agencies. Most of the people I'm around are farmers, heavy construction, mining, quarries, and underground utilities.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

One thing I will say about the Ford is that the insides are nice.

My Dodge is alright, but it's nothing fancy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a work truck.

All I know is warranty FTW, because something at some point is going to break.

My best friend and sledding buddy has an 07 Dodge diesel. Deleted and tuned.

Thing runs awesome.

He is OCD when it comes to his rigs. Virtually every time he rides in one of my Fords, personal or work truck, he is always telling me about how much nicer the Ford interior is, how much better the final fit and finish is and how much better the Fords drive down the road.

He has made it clear that his next truck will be a 6.7 Power Stroke Ford.