Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

The Dodge / Ram with the newer emissions compliant motors have had their issues too.

My neighbor gave me an earful last night about his experience with his Dodge / Ram wrecker/tow trucks.

Multiple trucks, small fleet owner.

Big trucks too! We bought out big kw in 09 new. 5 turbos and 2 dozen trips to the dealer to turn off check engine lights etc. In 2013 my dad took it to pdi in Utah for the egr delete and some stage 2 parts such as bigger turbo and some other stuff. This thing came home knocking on a 1000 hp and i think it was 2800lbs of torque. It can pass flatbeds and refers going up hill with a d8 all day long now.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes, Ford is good about recall notices.

We have received them over the years for little things on each of the trucks.

Right they just ignore the big issuies, it's ok I understand. I know several people (good friends of mine) who got fucked by their ford's for over 6k. As far as gm and dodge? Sure once in a great while, but no matter what you say it is not nearly as common as you make it sound.

Right they just ignore the big issuies, it's ok I understand. I know several people (good friends of mine) who got fucked by their ford's for over 6k. As far as gm and dodge? Sure once in a great while, but no matter what you say it is not nearly as common as you make it sound.

You know what they say..

The more you get fucked, you start to like it at some point.

Nothing will beat an old Chevy with a 6.5

That is all

By far, the most intelligent statement in this thread.

I bought this thing a couple months ago for my hired guy to beat around in. I'm the 3rd owner. It was bought new by a local railroad contractor. I've got the service records since day one.

It's on its 8th set of tires. It's had an alternator put on it. It's had the ball joints done once. And when I bought it I had upper control arm bushings put in it.

I fucking love this thing. Got 15 mpg when I first got it and checked the other day it was right around 17. Gave $2,000 for it.

Fuck a Cummins. Fuck a Powerstroke. Fuck a Duramax.

Low cost of ownership ftw.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4a8663359ce7db4015d4851efda55caf.jpg76be9735effc0b2ebc5eff78c8a6537f.jpga0c26794acca6a28652775389f041db7.jpg

By far, the most intelligent statement in this thread.

I bought this thing a couple months ago for my hired guy to beat around in. I'm the 3rd owner. It was bought new by a local railroad contractor. I've got the service records since day one.

It's on its 8th set of tires. It's had an alternator put on it. It's had the ball joints done once. And when I bought it I had upper control arm bushings put in it.

I fucking love this thing. Got 15 mpg when I first got it and checked the other day it was right around 17. Gave $2,000 for it.

Fuck a Cummins. Fuck a Powerstroke. Fuck a Duramax.

Low cost of ownership ftw.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4a8663359ce7db4015d4851efda55caf.jpg76be9735effc0b2ebc5eff78c8a6537f.jpga0c26794acca6a28652775389f041db7.jpg

Did they come with a turbo? My grandpa had one but it was so long ago.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk