24:1 Trouble

Imixed 24:1 whch is 11 oz to 2 gallons a 5 oz to 1 gallon. My shee ran fine all day. Then after I got some guts up and reved it up half way in 6th it started smoking then stoped. After I went down the field it started making funny noises. I go back to the cabin and is started back fireing. I then came home and started it up. Now it dont wana run, smokes feriously, and back fires. How can I fix this? Luckly there is only a qt tank of gas. Maybe I should mix 32:1 4 oz to 1 gallon and fill the tank half way up? Then rub the plugs with a wire brush? Then shake the shee to mix the gas together? Thanks

The manual doesn't lie. Taht's what Yamaha suggests you run in your bike. it is not an oil issue. And even if you thought it was rich on the mix, you want to go leaner at 32:1??? It isn't going to make that much difference. I run 40:1. Anyways, Perhaps that boost bottle boosted you too much, and you were stuffing sooooooooo much fuel and air into the cylinder that it hydrolocked. :blink: Who knows. I would clean the carbs, and check all your fluids. Make sure you aren't sucking coolant into the top end, and while your at it, give it a leakdown test to make sure you don't have an air leak.....

The plugs have black oil around the top ring, they are black near the grove where it sparks. What does a bad plug look like? I was thinking of mixing some 32:1 to fill the tank up half way and scraping the plugs with a wire brush. Then starting it and running it all out and getting it ready for winter. I had fun yesterday i t was not to cold.