need help, run in with highway patrol and my bike is gone

How can you really be mad at the cop. He is just doing his job. It isn't the cop's fault the vin wasn't visible. Just think, if the quad was stolen, and it was your quad and the cop just let the OP go because he had a title for another quad, how would you feel?

the fact that his girl brought paperwork and receipts puts all that right out the window. That's just not the type of trouble some shady thief would go through. If they did, they would of done it the original gone in 60 seconds style and had all that sorted out ahead of time and had numbers already etched.

Cops, plain and simple. I will be cooperative if you at cordial and doing your job professionally. Be a dick and I'm either gone or that copper better shoot me, or taze me.

• Like 2

Oh dear. Perhaps you don't see just what I mean. We're different kind of people. I'm not saying I would of bitched and argued. I'm saying I would of simply told him no, and then made my quiet stand. If he touched anything or attempted to impound my stuff I would of simply stood my ground. Cop impounding my shit or 19 year old kid in the parking lot trying to flat out steal my stuff are both the same to me. It's Mine, and I know that. No laws, policies, rules, or red tape will ever interfere with that. I will never let MY stuff just get loaded and taken. There are people who bend and there are those who give no fucks. This sounds like tough guy talk, but that is my way of life. If people are willing to throw what's theirs out just come guy with a piece of shiny metal on their uniform then I feel sorry for them. Take a fucking stand people. What's right is right, what's wrong is wrong. Know your search and seizure laws and be clean. If you say no, and mean it that is the end of it.

Just curious where we stand as people willing to stand up against the law when it is lawless. How many people here are ok with the thought that one day our precious little gov't may be so corrupt that that you have no choice but to pull the trigger on a man/woman with a shiny little piece of gold/silver on their chest?

I am fully aware of what the law is and I am also aware of how much of the protocol was not followed. People have no fucking clue that if you know what to say and truly aren't doing anything wrong and are willing to stand your ground there isn't much a cop can do. Why was he even on that trailer looking at it? Because someone was dumb enough to let him. Plain and simple. Not because he was looking for a banshee of similar description recently reported stolen. People need to educate them selves and be versed in the law. If you are dumb enough to let them get their way they will.

96c3fefc01c7301e8005ed6a804f8fe0.jpg

Way of life. That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am fully aware of what the law is and I am also aware of how much of the protocol was not followed. People have no fucking clue that if you know what to say and truly aren't doing anything wrong and are willing to stand your ground there isn't much a cop can do. Why was he even on that trailer looking at it? Because someone was dumb enough to let him. Plain and simple. Not because he was looking for a banshee of similar description recently reported stolen. People need to educate them selves and be versed in the law. If you are dumb enough to let them get their way they will.

96c3fefc01c7301e8005ed6a804f8fe0.jpg

Way of life. That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illegal search and seizure. If he could not produce a stolen vehicle report, he "lawfully" can't get near it.

• Like 1

Illegal search and seizure. If he could not produce a stolen vehicle report, he "lawfully" can't get near it.

Ding Ding Fucking Ding! Not exactly worded like that, but along those lines, yes. If OP was smart enough to say no and copper got up there and took it anyway, the mere fact that he has got it back would of been an automatic judgement in an illegal search and seizure case. But, if you let them look at it..... You got nothing.

Ding Ding Fucking Ding! Not exactly worded like that, but along those lines, yes. If OP was smart enough to say no and copper got up there and took it anyway, the mere fact that he has got it back would of been an automatic judgement in an illegal search and seizure case. But, if you let them look at it..... You got nothing.

Real shit. He was pulled over for speeding. So in order for the cop to force his way to the atv after admitting to pulling him over for speeding, he has to produce a stolen vehicle report.