NEW TO THE GAME!

Hello every one I'm a new member to the site and it only took me about 500000 try's because of the damn "challenge question" and I have a lot to talk about lol. I'm gonna warn you guys right now, this is gonna be a long post. I have a lot of questions that's why I put it under this topic forum

P.s. I ride some dunes, trails and open fields, I have about 2k to get a quad and I don't want some pos with cut fenders, bored 80 over, miss match tires kinda deal lol,

I'm not new to banshees sense I have grown up on them and I would like to consider my self a very mechanically inclined 16 year old, so heres the deal in the next couple weeks I'm planing purchasing a shee on my own once I get the plates for my truck done an I have questions have done hours and hours and hours of research leading up to this point on suspention, engine preformence, steering, basically that would concern my applications.

First I'll start of with suspention, I'm planing on getting a long travel set of alba a arms and fox float evols, but the thing is I don't think fox make shocks for the shee and if I remember correctly alba takes a set for a craptor 700 and sets them up for a shee. My questions are, is this true? Will it ride like I expect it to? Any tips ect...

Next is the rear end, to match the front width I want to get wheel spacers but not the crap ones that bolt on to you existing hub, they are +2 hubs that replace your old ones. Is it nessisary? Are they any good, ect...

Next is engine prefomence, I was looking at the PWK 28mm's, I've heard good reviews about them but I would like more info because the only problems I heard were that the float bowl hits your clutch components, I would battle this with 3/8" reed spacers. Are they good, how much would I gain power wise, any mods to make them fit?

Next is exhaust. I want a set of FMF gnarly headers ad a matching set of silencers but they have to have spark arresters, I primarily want fmf's because of the Low and mid range gain, my questions are would the pipes be able to sopport the extra intake? Any jetting changes? Would I still have the legendary top end power band?

Next is the radiator, I was looking at an over sized radiator on ebay for like $75, is it worth it? Any mods to make it fit? Ect

Next is are foot pegs/ nerf bars. I was looking at a set of need bars on albes web site but they don't have metal heal guards, does any body else make a good set with metal heal guards? If so who? Now foot pegs, I saw a set on roll designs web site but they are realy expensive (to me they are) but does any one make a good after market set?

Next are wheels and they are kinda confusing with the ratios and what not and I don't under stand the diffrent ratios like +4 +1 or what ever but my question is alba has a nice looking set of Crome bead breakers and I know they obviously help the tire from breaking the bead but how exactly does it work and are they worth getting?

Next are a stem riser, I've seen like a +2 +1 but what does the plus 1 do to it? Where can I get one?

Port work.... I would like to get the most out of my shee with out compromising reliability and I've heard good about porting. My questions are is it worth it? How much would I gain power wise? Where would I get it done and how much? Ect

I think that's about it and sorry for the long ass pot I just wanna have a good idea of what I'm doing and wanna do it right lol thanks for any help and does this sound like an ok sett up for my uses and what would be the total width up front? Thanks scott

Don't expext much for 2g

No matter how "inclined" you are get a Clymers repair manual. Hours of reasearch? GMAMFB. Study harder, should have got more answers.

Contact Alba about choice of arms/shocks, they know their product best.

Not aware of extended hubs @2", YFZ450r hubs will add 1 1/2 total. Good extended axle is way to go.

meh, answered first couple ??

BTW

welcome

Fox definitely makes a float that would work with those arms.

Don't bother with any gimmicky axle extendo junk. just get a Gforce axle or find a really nice used one.

The 28 pwks are a solid choice. There are intake and filter combos out there to keep things spaced nicely.

The FMF's would be more then fine for what you're doing.

$75 radiator is pretty common. For now the quality has been up to snuff. The radiator shroud might be a touch tight but it all fits.

Alba just put out nerfs with heel guards. Also XFR has a new model. My favorites are the AC pro pegs. Easily found used.

Stems and risors can be found used or even from a few of the site sponsors.

Porting, hands down the best thing to do to a motor. But it requires a total package to reallly take advantage. Just discuss with a few builders when you are ready. They will go over your intended use, expected output, fuel type, what mods you already have and would need, etc.