A Ha, Victory Is Mine!

After saving my money for about 2 years and looking around on the internet, I finaly found a banshee. It was in my local bulletin board. We called this morning, looked at it this evening, and brought it home tonight... finaly :D:D

Its a 1997 and stock besides being bored .40 over, AC grab bar and bumper (i think the bumper is AC), 2001 (i think) blue plastics with ceet graphics kit and seat cover, mud machine rear tires, and the almighty angry eye headlight covers. Also had all bushings replaced If I remember right.

Only known problems are the key is wired backwards, on is off and off is on, and the headlights are always on. Will work on that eventualy.

For being stock its ALOT quicker than I thought it would be :o I only got to ride it up and down the street where the guy lives and around my yard a few times because its dark out. Still had a blast though.

The guy and his wife I got it from were real cool, they gave me a helmet and a set of goggles and he showed me how to do all the stuff and work on certain things.

As of tonight, I no longer feel lik a poser hangin' around on here :P

Later!

Good one fixitrod LoL!

After I build up my money supply again for repairs or whatever Ill start buying stuff for it. I think iam gonna leave the motor stock for now though :blink:

The closest thing to driving a banshee I had rode before this, was my cousins Trinity 285 drag-blaster. What a difference :lol:

I picked up 2 extra plugs and 2 things oil on the way home so I should be all set for now. The guy I got it from said he put Blue Ice or something in it, how often does that need to be changed? Do stealerships have it? I didnt have time to look, they were closing as I ran in to get the oil and plugs.

I havent had it out of 2nd gear yet because theres no room and because I cant reach the shifter (its loose so its like hanging down), but hopefully tomorrow ill be able to ride some.

Well gotta get going, talk to ya all later! ;)

the blue ice stuff is a coolant additive. You dont need to use it if you cant find any to buy. If you ever change your engine coolant, mix it 50% antifreeze and 50% distilled water. During the summer you can run more water, like 80% water. If you wanna keep using the blue ice, just read the directions on the bottle. Alot of us use this additive called Water Wetter, its similar to the Blue Ice product. Both are supposed to bring engine coolant temps down.

Have fun with your new Banshee, if you take good care of it and join in the talk on this forum, your Banshee should last forever and spank all those cool 2001 Raptors. Time for a user name change maybe :P

You will love youre new hobby. The Hq is brimmed with info and good people that will carry you through any difficulties or questions you may have. Some of the members work in banshee performance shops or do mod work privately.

If there are any questions that you have before your ride tomorrow FIRE AWAY!!

I made this user name on a gaming site a while back and have used it ever since, regardless of what for. It stands for the Raptors in the Jurassic Park movies, not the quad, not the basketball team :lol::lol:

Hey thanks for all the info, ill check on those 'commectors' ;) also thanks for lettin' me know what that Blue Ice stuff is.

Iam only 16 myself killershee. I feel your pain about working like a pig...but hey its worth it right? ;)

Ive been riding quads for like 2 years, but have been into dirtbikes/minibikes since I was 7.

Tomorrow should be interesting...maybe ill be able to get it higher than 2nd gear B) (was dark out so I didnt wanna go to fast tonight when I got it home hehe)

I was out 'tinkerin' with it (the shee) a little bit ago and noticed it has alot more stuff on it than the guy said. Its got a boost bottle, rear brake caliper guard, I THINK some sort of aftermarket skid plates (I dunno what stock ones look like), pro taper handlebars, a greese zerk on the bearing carrier, and a tether kill switch(if it works or not I dunno yet). Theres a boyesen(SP?) power reed sticker on it also, I dunno if it actualy has them or not though. I think thats it. <_<

Later

Aaron/CoolRaptor2001

P.S.-Thanks for such a warm 'welcome' :)

Edited by CoolRaptor2001