Re-packing Silencers...how To?

jasonsb

I'm not sure what silencers you have but it's relatively simple.When you do wrap the new stuff on make sure you don't roll it on tightly. You may need to cut the packing with scissors to the size you need. The old stuff you have may be a little tough to get out.It should slide out as a whole.How long has it been since you changed up your packing?

I have used good ol' owens corning fiberglass home insulation for a number of years. It has worked fine for me. I know there is bettr, longer lasting stuff out there, but I have a ton of the stuff at home. And I would rather wipe my ass with a broken bottle than buy "silencer packing" for a ridiculous amount of money when the pink stuff does the same thing...

Depending how tight you pack the silencer.you can slightly alter the way the pipe comes on.

A tighter packed silencer will favor top-end,while a loosely packed silencer will favor bottom end.

It made a very noticeable difference on my 125 dirtbikes,I don't know what it will do for the Banshee.

im with boon. i use regular R-20 home insulation and i pack it in and push it down with a blunt object nice and tight. doesnt last as long as that specail shit they sell ffor a rediculous price but for the price home insulation is it will last longer than the stupid fmf packing anyway in the long run you just gotta watcxh it closer.