Ideas for first build

Vincip92

Better off with bigger carbs, but those stockers will work. As long as it is built right the stockers will do fine. Call cam, haven't personally dealt with him but he does great work. My next motor will be built by him. Anyways, he can get you line out, just tell him what fuel you are going to run, what pipes, and like what surf said you need some pipes, CPI or shearers is what I assume he will recommend, he can help you with anything in building that motor. My question to you about the carb situation, why not go to a bigger carb, and have more usable horsepower? You'll sacrifice fuel economy, but I think I saw a video of a 10 mil serval cam built out running purpose built drag bikes at BHQ ride about a month ago. Granted that is a 10 mil, that's kind of proves that you can have one that can do it all. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better off with bigger carbs, but those stockers will work. As long as it is built right the stockers will do fine. Call cam, haven't personally dealt with him but he does great work. My next motor will be built by him. Anyways, he can get you line out, just tell him what fuel you are going to run, what pipes, and like what surf said you need some pipes, CPI or shearers is what I assume he will recommend, he can help you with anything in building that motor. My question to you about the carb situation, why not go to a bigger carb, and have more usable horsepower? You'll sacrifice fuel economy, but I think I saw a video of a 10 mil serval cam built out running purpose built drag bikes at BHQ ride about a month ago. Granted that is a 10 mil, that's kind of proves that you can have one that can do it all. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will most likely be giving him a call soon and im going to run 93 theres not many places that sell race fuel around by me its about a hour and a half drive to the closest reasonable place there is one shop that sells it but you have to use their cans and its $115 for 5 gals. Not planning on going really crazy with the build not to many places to ride around by me anymore that have enough room to really open it up, but I appreciate the help I have a much better idea of what im going to end up doing